Weird regurgitating behavior

Nocturnal

May 15, 2013
A secret place
Parrots
||Mika, 23 yo senegal parrot||Cayenne, 5 yo sun conure||Katana, 6 yo cockatiel||Monk, 4 yo peachfaced lovie||Onyx, 8 yo BH caique||Pluto & Neptune, 4 yo budgies||Tauntaun, 17 yo U2||
She does this whenever she first sees me. What's up?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUH2V__aG5I]Weird caique behavior - YouTube[/ame]

lotosha

Jun 29, 2012
Parrots
A pair of cockatiels
And pair of African Greys
I think it could be a begging behavior. My CAG does something similar when she wants to eat.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I can not see the video from my phone so I gotta wait til tonight when I can view from my computer to tell you. But most of the regurgitating have to do with liking you to show affection.

punkindave

Apr 9, 2013
Media
Albums
Bethlehem, PA
Parrots
Budgie Niles, Rascal RBC-2001, Jake "footloose" CAG-2015, Butchie Triton-1988, Neyteri "Chatterbox" CAG, and the "Squeak Squad" (4 Caiques) ScooterPie 8/12, Skittles 4/13, Chica 2006, Ringo 2009
Scooter does the same thing.. Cute as hell!! Part of being excited to see you I guess.. Scooter has never brought anything up as regurgitation..!!
We call it the "Caique head bob", he goes faster if you show him the same enthusiasm.... :)

OP
Nocturnal

Nocturnal

May 15, 2013
A secret place
Parrots
||Mika, 23 yo senegal parrot||Cayenne, 5 yo sun conure||Katana, 6 yo cockatiel||Monk, 4 yo peachfaced lovie||Onyx, 8 yo BH caique||Pluto & Neptune, 4 yo budgies||Tauntaun, 17 yo U2||
Scooter does the same thing.. Cute as hell!! Part of being excited to see you I guess.. Scooter has never brought anything up as regurgitation..!!
We call it the "Caique head bob", he goes faster if you show him the same enthusiasm.... :)

Onyx has also never brought anything up unless you count when I brought her home on the car ride she was doing that but I think it was carsickness

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
She's trying to feed you....she sees you as her mate!!!! A sign of affection, Lola finally puked on me after she give it a few good tries....yuck....lol

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
I agree ,she totally loves you !!! Greta does this . Your her favorite person :)

Sassy

Jun 4, 2012
Bethlehem PA
Parrots
Neytiri -CAG 4/11/12
Scooter Pie -Caique 8/12
Butch - citronella 'too 1988
Skittles - caique 4/13
Ringo - caique 2009
Chica - caique 2006
Rascal - RBC 2001

dskidd

Dec 6, 2012
Parrots
Eliza -- Black Headed Caique
Henry -- White-Bellied Caique
AAAAWWWW!!!

Nothing says "I LOVE YOU" louder and clearer than birdy puke! :D

LOL! Never a truer word was spoken! When I come home, I think of it as Eliza saying "You're HOME! I love you so much that I've been saving this for you ALL DAY!"
:)

OP
Nocturnal

Nocturnal

May 15, 2013
A secret place
Parrots
AAAAWWWW!!!

Nothing says "I LOVE YOU" louder and clearer than birdy puke! :D

LOL! Never a truer word was spoken! When I come home, I think of it as Eliza saying "You're HOME! I love you so much that I've been saving this for you ALL DAY!"
:)

LOL. Birds. It's no wonder cat and dog people think we're nuts. (although I admit I am a dog person too *toes six little dogs under the desk*).

I was asking because, I mean... she's doing this from across the room. LOL, but only when she is really excited to see me, so I guess it's legit. Most of my regurgitory experience with birds has been when they're right there in your face.

Most Reactions

Latest posts