Welcome Altair (Al)

jaycee-albums-new-baby-picture15034-al-fell-asleep-head-scratches.jpg

Al is so awesome. Yes he's stolen my heart away. This is the first time he's fallen asleep in my hands. I'm hoping it shows he's comfortable with me too. He slept only a few minutes after I stopped scratches but it was so cute. Taz slept on my shoulder never in my hands. He tried to say what sounded like "good bird" tonight too. He has a deeper voice than his "beep beep" call. I can't wait to learn more with him. Not pushing him just repeating alot of the same things to him when I talk to him. If he picks it up awesome if not he still gets to hear he's a good bird and a handsome bird every day lol. I let him snuggle longer tonight too. So he didn't immediately call out beep beep to get back out when I put him back in tonight. He will be back out later yet. He starts his beep beep as soon as I get home from work. Do you think he missed me? Even though my wife and son are here all day and talk to him?

How sweet is he sleeping in your hand like that! I do think he missed you while you were at work. I think he has picked you as his favourite. I feel this is a perfect match since he is already bonding so well with you and showing this level of trust in such a short time.

Repetition works so well with birds who are going to talk, I think. My birds who do talk repeat things I have said, or things they have learned from each other.
My conure, Phoe, says things only a Mama can understand sometimes:)

Congrats on your new fid! He's adorable! I especially love the transition from his green wings to his red tail. Cute name too. May I ask what it means?

Skittles middle name is "Arcenciel", which is French for 'rainbow'.

Skitty, Altair is Arabic meaning literally "bird". It is also the name of the main star in the constellation Orion. Since I love astrology and astronomy and was looking far an asexual name not knowing his personality it really worked for me. But Al really does fit him and his personality.

Orion? Isn't that Irish? HAHA

That's cool. I considered naming Skittles "Arcus" for a short period when I first got him. Arcus means 'rainbow' in Latin. But I ended up going with 'Mango', reluctantly in the end until a friend suggested "Skittles", and I said "that's IT!"

BUT, if I had name him all over, I'd DEFINITELY go with 'Loki', the Trickster.

Yeah Al is definitely turning into a little clown.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back