Welcome From Dublin!

OP
Stephen

Stephen

May 31, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Parrots
Marvin The Black Headed Caique
well the fact you've just seen one let alone hold one has me green with envy! I'd love to see one but we dont have any in ireland or if we do it's being kept a secret! They are breath taking animals:41:

Jez

May 19, 2009
NY
well the fact you've just seen one let alone hold one has me green with envy! I'd love to see one but we dont have any in ireland or if we do it's being kept a secret! They are breath taking animals:41:

They certainly are!
Now I'm happy to see one every time I visit the place, but still, I'd LOVE to hold it!
The owner keeps his big Macaws in the cage while everyones there though. His Hy has been on TV a few time along with all his other parrots.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
the key is to, just like dogs, don't let them know you are afraid ... also, it helps if you have the "macaw gene" as a associate of mine calls it ... this is when the big guys just come up to you and know that you know how to handle them ... some people have it and some people don't ...

Jez, I would say you should ask .. my wife is very nervous around larger birds (amazons or bigger I would say) and she never wants to hold/interact with them, with Cy the Hy he was so gentle that she felt so comfortable that she took him on her arm and started cuddling, kissing on him ... They really are gentle giants if they have been raised properly.

It's so worth asking ... not a lot of people can say they have done it ...

Jez

May 19, 2009
NY
Yeah, I'll have to ask sometime when I go back. It would be a great experience... something I'll always remember.

Most Reactions

Latest posts