we've been approved for Max :)

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Congrats on getting approved for Max! I'll be looking forward to pics of him as he adjusts to his new home:D

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Or we could do a drive by when Wendy is in the bathroom and you can steal Ripley... and I'll sneak Oscar out too... don't want him barking and alerting her, so better off just to bring him along...

I'd probably steal Niko instead of Ripley....

:eek: You'd have to go through Ziva first. :54:

And I'm a VERY light potty-goer these days. :32:

Well me and Ziva did have some bonding time too... so what the heck, she can come along too (that one you won't argue with me too much about I guess!!). Who could refuse that face and she'd make a great bulldozer with that chest of hers :)

Is Max a Fargo?

You're getting your own Fargo?????

So lucky.

Max is a blue and gold... he's much older. Max is an adult gentleman, he's definitely 25 years old, but has only been in one home before the shelter, so he doesn't come with too many issues, more just needing some spoiling :) He was not handled in a playful way much. John at the shelter told me to qualify for adopting a macaw I had to leave to flip him, so poor Max went thru alot of man handling to teach me to flip him over. Thankfully he was such a good boy, but had no clue what was going on. He did not bite once, pinched a few times, but that was more him grabbing on and holding on to whatever he could for dear life cause he was hanging upside down!! :) But he definitely has the patience and interest to learn some tricks. That will happen after he gets home and enjoys being a big spoiled baby for a while! Between me and Victoria, he'll never have to worry about not having someone to scratch his head again!!

Last edited by a moderator:

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
Is he the one that was in love with your daughter? :) I saw a video of a beautiful B&G cuddling with her. Congratulations! :)

yann

Oct 19, 2013
woow congrats to both ya and max!! so happy he's getting a wonderful home ^~^

Birdbrain91

Dec 6, 2013
Denver, Colorado
Parrots
Apollo (A bossy YSGCC) Cleo (Sun Conure) Wesley (B&G Macaw)
Congrats on getting approved for Max !! I know how hard it is to wait I had to wait 3 months for Wesley.

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
I just went to their Facebook page and looked at Max's video again. :) He is so handsome. I love B&Gs. (Gilbert's 'buddy' around the corner is a b&g and he is such a sweetie.) YAY.

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
there are quite a few videos and pics of him here on the forums too :) Victoria fell for him first and there are videos of her with him, then the latest where when I finally worked up my nerve to meet him. It was more that I had to learn to handle him for AHW to allow us as a family to adopt him, never expect he'd be a snuggle bug with me too. Victoria now teases I stole her bird... not that something like that would happen with Folger :)

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
Congratulations! That's so exciting! I'm glad Max is going to such a great home and I know he'll love being part of your family. :)

Lovebird

Jan 4, 2014
Parrots
Peach Faced Lovebirds- Maxwell and Claire
Dream Bird: U2
Good luck! lucky you! You guys must be so happy. What kind of macaw is he? Sry I haven't read all the posts :p And make sure to keep him away from your BE2's powder down

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
Good luck! lucky you! You guys must be so happy. What kind of macaw is he? Sry I haven't read all the posts :p And make sure to keep him away from your BE2's powder down

My Ivory is so well cared for and kept that there is very little powder... she is in a black cage and there is no white anywhere, you would never know :) She was just snuggling on me and I was rubbing neck and when she flew away, hardly a spot of white. But she gets bathed regularly and sprayed daily, you can search for pics and video of Ivory, she is beyond a spoiled baby :) But, filters are already figured out because we have tiels too.

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
I bet Max Is going to be the love of your life :) [nothing like the love of a bonded Macaw]. I have a huge bird room everyones in there. Including 2 Macaws and 3 Toos. Everyones fine with the dander . I just do regular bathes.

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
I bet Max Is going to be the love of your life :) [nothing like the love of a bonded Macaw]. I have a huge bird room everyones in there. Including 2 Macaws and 3 Toos. Everyones fine with the dander . I just do regular bathes.

Thanks for sharing your exoerience, just reassuring and that vis always welcome. He's a little csge protective so we think his cage going in our room and he comes out on stand. Just thought to remove the cage issue and no little one can accidently land on his top and risk a leg.

Most Reactions

Latest posts