Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
This morning I was actually running ahead of schedule getting everyone fed and watered and was in such a great mood. When I started giving out the veggies, Talli flew over and landed on Darwin's cage. So Darwin is trying to take off one of his toes through the bars(she wasn't out yet), and I am trying my best to get him to step up. All of a sudden, Ekko sees Talli so close to his cage, and dives off his cage and onto my head, screaming and attacking my scalp. He is tangled in my hair, which is falling over my face so I can't see, and he is just pecking the heack out of my head while screaming. So of course, Talli decides this is the best time to step up, and comes flying at me. Did I mention that I am also on the phone with my friend from NC? I just squealed and dropped the phone, and I can hear her yelling is everything okay??
Somehow I got Ekko back on his cage and Talli on his with no bloodshed, but my scalp is on fire.

So how was YOUR morning?

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Terry,

I'm sorry but I was LOL over here....:18::18::18::18::18::18:

I can't help it when I see that image in my head as I've had the same thing happen to me before....You'll laugh about it later when you think about it.... ;)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Smack me, Terry, but I'm just as much as Michael.

What a visual!

I'm sorry your scalp is on fire though. :(

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
Yikes!! What a drama! Glad all ended without bloodshed!

My morning was horrible too but not fid related. I woke up in the wee hours (weird choice of words, you'll see why) with a terrible pain in my back and sides. Sweat was pouring off me and I could hardly walk. Then I tried to visit the bathroom :eek: I'd forgotten how painful bladder and urinary tract infection can be but I knew instantly that it has come around again :( Waited in front of the doctors office for them to open, grunting like a bear from the pain. They took pity on me and saw me before office hours :)

Its been 11 hours since I saw the doc and the pain is much better, thank goodness!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Wow, Terry! I thought I was having a crappy morning until I read this post. Ouch! You win, hands down! Knowing you, you probably meant no bloodshed/damage to Talli. Are YOU okay?

That is a crazy picture you painted in my mind's eye, though. Poor you. It's Darwin that Ekko has a crush on, right? Is that what happened? Do you think he perceived a threat to Darwin and took it out on you as the most convenient target? Next time you should let Xander out, first. HE'D have had your back! ;)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
That's okay, Wendy and Michael - I am amused now as well, and was laughing when I told Reg about my adventure:) So glad I could make y'all laugh this morning...lolol

@Michelle,
I am so sorry you have a urinary tract infection - that is so painful and irritating:(
I am glad you saw the Dr. and that you are already feeling better!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Wow, Terry! I thought I was having a crappy morning until I read this post. Ouch! You win, hands down! Knowing you, you probably meant no bloodshed/damage to Talli. Are YOU okay?

That is a crazy picture you painted in my mind's eye, though. Poor you. It's Darwin that Ekko has a crush on, right? Is that what happened? Do you think he perceived a threat to Darwin and took it out on you as the most convenient target? Next time you should let Xander out, first. HE'D have had your back! ;)

Stephen, Xander was already out, and when all the kerfluffle was going on, he was on his cage going OH! Pwetty Pwetty Bird!, of course as loud as he could so he could be heard over my girlish screams. He was absolutely no help at all..lol.
I think Ekko was furious that Talli was near Darwin, and I was a stepping stone (he thought) to get to Talli. Fortunately for Talli, Ekko didn't plan on the getting caught in my hair part.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Revision. Michelle "wins". Glad you're feeling much better, though.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Calling Alfred Hitchcock! Yikes your poor head!:D

Hadn't thought about that, but definitely a scene straight from The Birds. and Tippi Hedron thought that sea gulls were bad, she should have tried an angry ekkie!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots

Stephen, Xander was already out, and when all the kerfluffle was going on, he was on his cage going OH! Pwetty Pwetty Bird!, of course as loud as he could so he could be heard over my girlish screams. He was absolutely no help at all..lol.
I think Ekko was furious that Talli was near Darwin, and I was a stepping stone (he thought) to get to Talli. Fortunately for Talli, Ekko didn't plan on the getting caught in my hair part.

Lol! Well, maybe Xander is more of a diplomat than a warrior. Perhaps he was trying to help by appealing to Ekko's vanity? It might be due to Xander that you even still have hair on your head at all, come to think of it! A flattered bird might not be quite as angry a bird, after all.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Or Xander was just trying to figure out whether he should join in the fun happening on my head..lol

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Lol! Well, there is that...

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Terry... think they were chatting online with Folger last night and he gave them some thoughts for interacting with humans....

You definitely sound like you had a Folger moment, just no blood, so obviously Ekko and Talli were not very attentive students (thankfully for your scalp tho!!).

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
Ouch! your poor head.....I feel for you Terry-why do these things happen at the most inconvenient times.

I wish a camera was rolling, that would have been funny to watch :)

I'm glad everyone was ok.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
If my daughter had been here, I am sure she would have been videoing instead of helping me, and THAT may have resulted in HER bloodshed..lol.

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
well then thank goodness she WASN'T there.....;)

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
OMG Terry!!!! :eek: your poor head!

I couldn't help but giggle -picturing you bouncing around happy as can be and then AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Terry!! At first I was saying OMG! Then I started chuckling, then by the part he was tangled in your hair and you being on the phone and all I was really getting a visual (especially having seen a pic of you here) and I was busting up LOL!!! :D

*not laughing at your pic hehe you know what I meant - I think you're beautiful :)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Terry!! At first I was saying OMG! Then I started chuckling, then by the part he was tangled in your hair and you being on the phone and all I was really getting a visual (especially having seen a pic of you here) and I was busting up LOL!!! :D

*not laughing at your pic hehe you know what I meant - I think you're beautiful :)

Julie, now I am cracking up...you are so sweet:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts