What a wonderful community you all are

SteelGypsy

Nov 1, 2016
Clementon, New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure Lilly, age 9 (RIP)
Hello everyone. I stumbled on this forum and signed up to reply to a post on the danger of Happy Huts. I lost my Lilly last Wednesday. I wish I had found it sooner as it's such a wonderful community of bird lovers & I would have enjoyed sharing Lilly with you. I love reading your posts. I love looking at your pictures. A lot of people think birds just live in cages and don't understand the devastation losing one brings. Here everyone knows what an integral part of your home and your life they are. Perhaps one day I will be ready for a new relationship and I'll be back. Until then, thank you for giving me a place to share.

:rainbow1:
~ My house has never seemed so quiet. I can almost hear her among the chorus of the birds outside and it breaks my heart. I want to hear her call for me just once more; I want her to snuggle down in my shirt while we watch tv or perch on my shoulder while I do chores...just once more. She was so loved. She is loved still. I miss her. Lilly, my beloved little clown, your song will remain with me, always ~

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Oh, Gypsy... yes, you are at the right place.
I am so very sorry, but I'm glad you came here and talked about it.
This place has been a very rejuvenating and supportive place for me. If I'm fortunate enough to outlive the Rbird (and I hope I can do that for him) this is the first place I'll run to bare my heart.
Glad you're here.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
I'm glad you found us. Deepest condolences for the loss of your beloved Lilly. I wish words could ease the pain I know you're feeling, I'm so sorry. Sadly, many of us do understand what you're going through. Hugs to you, in time I hope you will be able to open your heart and home to another bird. I hope to see you back here in happier circumstances.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I am so terribly sorry for your loss of Lilly. I am glad you found us, as we do understand, and understand the terrible grief that losing one brings.
I do hope that one day you will feel ready to bring another feathered baby into your home, you obviously have so much love to give.
My heart breaks for you.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
You are truly with Friends here! Please hang around, search around and share. We would love to hear about your dear Lilly!

I have lost far more than my fair share of Loving Amazons and still miss each as much as the day they past. And, with that knowledge, I would like to share with you a little fact. Each one had created a large warm place in our hearts and each had created a special place for another. So, when you are ready, know that your Lilly had created a place in your Heart next to hers'.

In the songs of the winged birds that fly near your home, she is there, comforting you in her special way.

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
Rather than write my usual drivel, I think the lyrics of the Leonard Cohen song "Anthem" is perfect here.

The birds they sang
At the break of day
Start again
I heard them say
Don't dwell on what
Has passed away
Or what is yet to be
Yeah the wars they will
Be fought again
The holy dove
She will be caught again
Bought and sold
And bought again
The dove is never free
Ring the bells (ring the bells) that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything (there is a crack in everything)
That's how the light gets in

happy410

Jul 23, 2015
ALABAMA
Parrots
Happy, DYH Amazon
Tesla, Blue & Gold Macaw
Sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain your going through. Sending hugs your way.:60:

Reni

Sep 9, 2016
Media
Okotoks, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Two cockatiels and a Green Cheek Conure.
So sorry for your loss. Yes, one day you'll just see the bird that you want to share your life with again.
I lost a 21.5 yr. old GCC back in December, and said that I would never have another one as I was hurting so much. Well, 7 months later a stray GCC ended up at the shelter where I work. I hesitated to adopt her but visited her every opportunity I had, and after about one week, I just had to have her, and she is a darling. The timing was right!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
I too, as some on this board have also experienced , suffered the anguish and loss of a companion parrot. My little Maxie didn't give any warning or signs, and just passed in the night, like a midnight breeze.
But I knew there was still room in my and my wife's heart for another feather baby. Remember the precious times with Lilly, but a caring soul like yours may be some scared, disheartened parrots way back to the light.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
My deepest condolences for your loss of Lilly. Many of us share your shock and sorrow when a beloved and beautiful companion passes. May her loving memories bring you comfort.

OP
SteelGypsy

SteelGypsy

Nov 1, 2016
Clementon, New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure Lilly, age 9 (RIP)
I too, as some on this board have also experienced , suffered the anguish and loss of a companion parrot. My little Maxie didn't give any warning or signs, and just passed in the night, like a midnight breeze.
But I knew there was still room in my and my wife's heart for another feather baby. Remember the precious times with Lilly, but a caring soul like yours may be some scared, disheartened parrots way back to the light.

Thank you ~ I'm so sorry for your loss, yes, it's anguish indeed; your 2nd paragraph gave me a chill and I hope when I'm ready the one that comes into my life needs me as much as I need them.

Most Reactions