What baby bird is this?

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
Got everyone out back, and as I was checking my margaritas I see this tiny baby bird sitting perfectly still, at first I thought he was a leaf, then a lizard. :). Anyway looks like he's just chillin' waiting on his parents, just wondering what sort he is? He's so cute! Had to take a snap before I walked away for good.

Last edited:

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Cute. I'm useless with wild birds, I'm sure someone knows though! :)

IloveConures

Apr 26, 2013
Media
WV
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure- Mango, Cockatiel- Tango
We had a nest of house sparrows in our pool room and they looked a lot like that. Maybe look at other species of sparrows

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Looks like it could be a baby Mockingbird.

OP
Kalidasa

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
It's definately not a sparrow, I'm not sure, I don't even know if we have mockingbirds here....

OP
Kalidasa

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
It's a goldfinch!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
It is a finch of some sort, but I am not sure....I don't remember what Gold finch babies looked like so I guess it's a gold finch like you said....

OP
Kalidasa

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Update: no one ever came for him, he never called his parents or made a sound, and he grew weaker by the hour. After the whole day passed with no parents in sight, I stared feeding him worms which he immediately accepted. After a few of those he got a little stronger after a while, then I started stuffing him with worms, as many as he would take, then later gave him some soaked high protein puppy food. He seems normal so I put him in a tree a few feet away and that's where he'll pass the night. Hopefully his parents are around, or I'll basically have to keep feeding him....he's not very far from fledging, but he definately can't eat on his own. Poor thing!

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Dallas and Tsukasa (Cockatiels)
Mango and Munchlax (Peach Faced Lovebirds)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
He sure is! They feed on bugs and berries... You know I should of known by the first picture since I found a nest of babies years and years ago....Unfortunately I don't see them around my yard since I don't have any berry plants to offer them, except my black berry, it seems they haven't discover that yet or I have none to eat myself...lol....

OP
Kalidasa

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
UPDATE!!! He IS a waxwing! Your right! Anyway, it started raining last night, so he spent the night in my garage, next morning at 6am I started feeding, and he got stronger by the minute, and started calling. I took him outside and he called and was getting a response, so I placed him in a magnolia outside my kitchen window, and lo and behold, his mother came right away and started feeding him, so ALL IS WELL he's back in his mothers care, both parents have found him and feed him every few minutes. What a relief! :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts