Oli

Oli

Supporting Member
Jan 22, 2017
California
Parrots
GCC, Juliet ✝ (2015-2023)
great.

I wish you could get the birds in the main page to make noise by clicking on them.

I will have to play with the page more.

Oh by the way, I figured out that if you tap on them to bring their profile up, and then tap on the bigger picture in their profile it will make their respective noises.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
It said Senegal. Pretty accurate I'd say, as I have 2 relatives of Sennies (Red Bellied and Ruppell's). Hypothetically, if I were to get more birds I'd realistically probably stick with Poicephalus. They suit my personality and lifestyle. Either a Cape or a Meyer's.

Some of the names of the birds are cute. The Senegal is Ham lol.

khaiqha

Sep 19, 2012
Lewisville, TX
Parrots
Alexandrine Ringneck,
about to be getting a Jardine's
I got lilac crowned amazon. I always want birds of different species, but somehow I always ended up with ringnecks.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Took the quiz two more times, and mostly factored in increased ability to care for a bird. Both suggested an Orange Winged Amazon! Well, I have a BFA, so we're close, though he's not my ideal soul-mate parrot.

With some tweaking I was able to receive a match for a Moluccan. Close, but they do not offer Goffins!!

Overall, a nicely interactive and highly informative process. I had my Goffins "Gabby" on my shoulder with the speakers turned up, and he had a ball!!

new_bird

May 3, 2017
Hello Oli, thanks for the tread. I got Fischer's Lovebird, and honestly speaking, never really thought about getting one before this. I am looking to get a new bird right now, and have never owned a bird before. There was a large aviary at my grandma's place though, and I loved feeding them. I was researching the Fischer's Lovebird a little, and it does not seem like a very low-maintenance bird... or am I being too picky? Can anyone help? I like the bird otherwise, but it would be good to know about some personal experiences with these birds.

Thanks in advance :rainbow1:

OP
Oli

Oli

Supporting Member
Jan 22, 2017
California
Parrots
GCC, Juliet ✝ (2015-2023)
Hello Oli, thanks for the tread. I got Fischer's Lovebird, and honestly speaking, never really thought about getting one before this. I am looking to get a new bird right now, and have never owned a bird before. There was a large aviary at my grandma's place though, and I loved feeding them. I was researching the Fischer's Lovebird a little, and it does not seem like a very low-maintenance bird... or am I being too picky? Can anyone help? I like the bird otherwise, but it would be good to know about some personal experiences with these birds.

Thanks in advance :rainbow1:

Thanks for reaching out to our community!

I'm just about to head to sleep, so hopefully some other members can give you the typical guidance.

One thing I'd like to emphasize is that NO bird is a low maintenance bird. They're intelligent and thoughtful companions.

Lovebirds are sweet and amazing birds, but they still need time, attention, toys, and a diverse diet. They need many hours a day of out of cage time in the same room as you.

Horada

Mar 30, 2017
Australia
Parrots
x2 Male Cockatiels (Born Aug 2016)
Sunny - younger, placid & dominant
Sky - Older, trouble, jealous & chewer

Previously had a male Budgie that lived for 12 years.
I did it twice and only slightly changed my answer but funny enough the top 2 I had were a lutino cockatiel and a senegal.

But though I love blue and gold macaws, I know I couldn't handle them - was 50% in the results.

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
I did it a few times trying to change my answers so I would get an african grey but I always got an amazon. Has anyone gotten an african grey?

Most Reactions

Latest posts