Parrot Proofing

roysan

Mar 20, 2024
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
My 2 Green Cheek Conures are uncaged during the day. Recently they have been interested in climbing up electical cords and sitting on the TV. They also ahve been hanging out on the floor alot. Any ideas about how to parrot proof their room? I have already thought about PVC around the electical cords, but I'm not sure that is safe. DOes anyone have any ideas?

Thank you

I❤️Birds

Jan 21, 2024
Parrots
Green cheek conure
Yes hi! Soo for the cords I recommend cord covers they are pretty cheap and totally worth it. Now I have no idea how to keep ur bird off of the tv sorry!!

OP
R

roysan

Mar 20, 2024
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Yes hi! Soo for the cords I recommend cord covers they are pretty cheap and totally worth it. Now I have no idea how to keep ur bird off of the tv sorry!!
Thanks for the advice. I had forgotten about cord covers. I hesitated on the PVC because of the potential toxicity. I don't mind so much them sitting on the TV, but I get a little scared when they hang out on the floor. THey are so small they could get into trouble pretty easily. Do you know if there is such a thing as an indoor Aviary?

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
My 2 Green Cheek Conures are uncaged during the day. Recently they have been interested in climbing up electical cords and sitting on the TV. They also ahve been hanging out on the floor alot. Any ideas about how to parrot proof their room? I have already thought about PVC around the electical cords, but I'm not sure that is safe. DOes anyone have any ideas?

Thank you
PVC around the electrical cords is a good idea.
If they're going to perch on your TV then make sure vents are covered on the rear of the TV to prevent bird poo from entering.
Block any small spaces where they can get stuck in.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Some parrots only take a PVC cover as a challenge! If thats the case, metal covered BX cable has, like the name says, a metal flexible jacket. Cut to length, remove the wires and thread your electrical cords thru.

Salty developed a taste for attacking the plugs and outlets! I found outlet covers at Home Depot, which thwart him well. Wires he could care less about (for now!!).

OP
R

roysan

Mar 20, 2024
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
PVC around the electrical cords is a good idea.
If they're going to perch on your TV then make sure vents are covered on the rear of the TV to prevent bird poo from entering.
Block any small spaces where they can get stuck in.
Yes the poop is a a concern, thank you.

Most Reactions