What does this mean?

conuremomma

Jul 23, 2015
Orlando
Parrots
Kosmo
This morning I found my sun conure, Kosmo, playing with a new toy made with wood and rope. I've purchased this particular toy before, but this time I noticed quite a bit of saliva on top of the wood. Usually he just cuddles with it. I removed the toy, he got upset, but it just didn't seem safe. I have seen this before on a bed I made him, but he was eating in it and left stains from the bird food. Could it be the paint on the wood? Does anyone know what this could mean?

:orange:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 219

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
It sounds like Kosmo has developed romantic ideas about his toy. He probably regurgitated in an attempt to feed his friend. Removing the object of Kosmo's affection is probably a good idea, at least temporarily.

The color on the toy is vegetable dye, it should be safe.

OP
conuremomma

conuremomma

Jul 23, 2015
Orlando
Parrots
Kosmo
Thanks Allee!! That idea crossed my mind lol.
Occasionally he makes these baby noises as he's "cuddling" with his toys, we've always said "it's his naughty time", so I guess we were right all along!

I feel better, I was a little worried it could've been the paint.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I agree. He's regurging on one of his favorite things.

I don't remove them, just wash them in the sink and put them back.

It's means it's a favorite thing. I don't like taking favorite things away from them unless it's getting completely out of control.

Weezerj

Mar 29, 2015
Portland, Oregon
Parrots
Illiger's Macaw (Loki)
I have notice this as well....it all stated with my guy regurgitating on me....then I noticed he is doing it to a couple of his favorite toys. I understand me, but trying to feed a toy just doesn't make a lot of sense to me...

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Parrots have a very open concept regarding potential mates.

Most Reactions

Latest posts