What fruits and Veges do you feed your fid(s)?

Ash

Nov 20, 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand
I was wondering what type of fruits and veges you feed your fids.
I don't think ive been giving my fids a large range of fruits and veges. They do get more veges than fruits though.

My fids don't seem to be picky when it comes to food and usually eat anything I give them.

So what do you give them?
And does anyone have a list of what fruits and veges are good/bad for your fid?
Ive looked and I keep getting so many different sites say different things. Some say these are good and others say the same food is bad.
So im not sure :p
Thank you :D

Parrotmamma

May 2, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Crackers ~ a Green cheek conure , Cosmo~ a Timneh African Grey
I give mine Broccoli, carrots, sweet potatoes, corn , English peas, sugar snap peas, green beans and squash , black beans, pinto beans, brown rice
Apples , oranges , blueberries, bananas ,grapes ,dates , mango and watermelon .....I swear they will eat just about anything....lol

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Forrest -Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure, Nacho- Sun Conure
I feed just about what Parrotmamma feeds but she forogt one of Forrest's favorites..........red bell peppers. That is his absolute favorite.
Dr Harvey's makes a dried veggie mix that you add to hot water and let it reconstitute...carrots broccoli potatoes, sweet potatoes, lots of different ones. They really like it if you don't have time or can't get seasonal veggies. It is Veg to Bowl

Parrotmamma

May 2, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Crackers ~ a Green cheek conure , Cosmo~ a Timneh African Grey
I feed just about what Parrotmamma feeds but she forogt one of Forrest's favorites..........red bell peppers. That is his absolute favorite.
Dr Harvey's makes a dried veggie mix that you add to hot water and let it reconstitute...carrots broccoli potatoes, sweet potatoes, lots of different ones. They really like it if you don't have time or can't get seasonal veggies. It is Veg to Bowl

You're right , I did forget red bell peppers ,Crackers loves them .... the yellow and orange ones too : )

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
you can buy frozen veggie mix in the super market and thaw it out. it has variety and convenience :). Oscar loves plain oatmeal cooked in water and cantaloupe. bon appetite :D

mellykyitus

Oct 22, 2010
Media
south wales UK
Parrots
Angel the blue and gold macaw, mimsy the lesser sulphur too, rocky the galah & willow the blue crowned conure.
Angel and Fin love oranges the best, Rocky loves spinach and kale, Mimsy loves brussel sprouts and peppers, Willow loves sugarsnap peas and rainbow loves broccoli and grapes!

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Codie loves any type of Veg... she also loves Pasta and Brown Rice, but the only Fruit she will eat is Grapes and Blueberries.

Grenage

Jun 1, 2012
Portsmouth, UK.
Parrots
Aizen: YS-GCC
Tomato (in moderation),
Broccoli,
Cabbage,
Kale,
Mange Tout (snow/snap peas),
String beans,
Radish,
Sweetcorn/baby sweetcorn,
Spinach,
Sweet potato,
Carrot,
Apples,
Grapes,
Blackberries,
Mango,
etc etc etc.

You can feed rather a lot, so it's best to just focus on what they can't eat!

Most Reactions