What has Fargo been up to?

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Not much! hahaha

Hi guys, thought i would give you all an update! Life is very busy with uni and horses!

Fargo is the same as usual, not having his terrible twos, just being same old Fargo like he always has been!

He has the funniest new habit though... Everyone knows how much Fargo loves his tongue?

Well when i am studying, he loves my pens, but he knows he isn't allowed them..

So he sits on my hand... Watches the pen, and sticks his tongue out as far as he can, he doesn't move, he just stretches his tongue trying to get the pen hahaha :p

My mum is also holding an expo in Toowoomba next year, and Fargo is the big logo photo for it, and he gets to go.. I said he could stand at the welcome door and saying hello to everyone as they walked in haha

and in September, a horse company who uses Kyros for their marketing, want me and Fargo to work on their stand to bring in the customers ;) So that will be fun!

But yes, Fargo plays with his toys all day, and comes and plays with me, in the afternoons we have a big play session on the floor, that is his favourite area cause he can run around and play tag haha

I will do another thread in the off topic section about uni and horses and such..

Just thought you all might to see Fargo, considering his facebook page is very quiet at the moment, haven't had time to post photos! And haven't taken any good quality ones of him either, just with the dodgy camera!

These are some photos with one of our play times

Not entirely sure what he was doing here-

and just a little video of Fargo doing his sweet hellos! He is a cutie
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2uLYz6F1fk&feature=youtu.be"]Fargo scritches april - YouTube[/ame]

Frumpydumple

Apr 21, 2013
Durham, UK.
Parrots
My birds: Skyler/Sky, violet Indian Ringneck. Mother's birds: Norman, African Grey and Mildred, Blue Crowned Conure.
He's adorable.

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
Ahhh! I LOVE seeing Fargo's updates! :) It's good to see you around, Tab!
He's such a handsome boy. And I'm totally jealous that you get to have that awesome mush-mac bond. :)

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Haha thanks guys, he is a perfect little boy! Very lucky to have him!

Oh, he has lost his long tail feathers though.. All 3 :( So now he has a short tail until the new ones grow through haha

I love his little hellos he says when he is enjoying something hahaha

Oh! I think i forgot to show you all a drawing a member of this forum did of Fargo!

It is so awesome!

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
hahaha my dog barked at Fargo. I thought my girl might be interested in saying hello to him, but she just ignored him....

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
What a sweetheart that Fargo!!
Hey Tab, next step is you and Kyros or Fargo on TV commercials, then the big screen lol :D

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Hahaha Strudel! Well Fargo only can talk to other dogs, because he is a single bird, so maybe he now speaks dog language :p

Thanks Julie! :)

Hahaha maybe one day ;)

I am listening to a chem lecture at the moment, and Fargo is sitting next to me like this... He is such an attention seeker, stop distracting me!!! :p

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
Aww, such a pretty boy! Love the video & photos, especially the first one where he's hanging upside down like a feathered monkey.

goalerjones

Oct 24, 2011
Parrots
Hahn's macaw, RIP George, Jenday Conure
I figured he was taking some time off to write his memoirs!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hello Tab. Good to see that sweet boy's face and to hear what a good boy he's been.

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Hahahaha ^_^ Oh didn't i tell you he is releasing his autobiography October 2014? :p

He also has written a cook book and directing a film ;)

Thanks Allee! :)

He has learnt to talk alot more when he wants attention though.. He clearly yells
'Mum.. Maaaa.. Ma.. Muuummm.. Mum! Mum!'

and my brother gets freaked out because he has also learnt to say 'Tabitha' :p

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
G'day Fargo! I'm so glad to see pics of you, you handsome guy. Please tell your Mum she needs to visit a bit more often - we miss her! XXXXXX

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
Hey Fargo. Beautiful pics as always. I just lovvvvvvve the different types of hellos. So cute. Please give him some scritches from us.

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Haha :D

See the strange thing is, he does those really sweet girly soft hellos, when he is happy, getting scritches..

It is interesting how he says the word differently for different moods..

In this video he was just talking with the rain, looking out the window.. But he says his hellos differently to when he get scritches! :p

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQWRdc8kXPE"]fargo talking with rain - YouTube[/ame]

At about 55 seconds, he screams some stuff?

He is yelling WHAT.. It doesn't sound like it, but we yell that at each other ;)

He is sitting on my hand at the moment, i have given him a kiss from all of you! :)

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
Awwww Tab, that is so cute. I just love it. Do you have him saying Tabitha on vid? Would love to hear that one.

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Nooo :( He only says it when i am not in the room.. My parents and brother hear it more than i do -_- I have only heard it a few times

Usually in the mornings, if i am going out, he goes through a big 'mum' call.. So next time i go out, i will put the camera on him when i leave the room and hopefully record it! :)

It's weird... I don't say much to Fargo, not really repeating things.. I never say hello.. He just says it himself now..

The only thing i say all the time, is 'Fargo'.. Hii Fargooo... Fargo noo.. Fargo don't do that! ;)
and yet he hasn't learnt that.. He can kind of say it... He has the sound, but its more like argo.. He can't get the F.. hahaha

and he learnt Tabitha from my mum, who is always like TABITHAAAA, COME DO THE WASHING ;) hahaha

and he learnt mum from me yelling- MUM, CAN YOU COME HERE! :p

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
It is SO good to see and hear from Fargo (& YOU!!!) :D.

That is an amazing painting - SO life like, and looks exactly like Fargo. :11:

I don't see Fargo ever changing his sweet and loving ways. :D

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Oh my gosh :eek: :eek:

Something just flew right by the window and woke Fargo up.. Poor boy just flew across the room and landed on the curtain..

I put him back at his sleeping perch but now he won't stay on it :/ He is just sleeping above me... He is scared to go back over there :/

Wonder what it was :S

Thanks Wendy!! :D I feel like i have missed out on so much! There are all these new members i don't know!

Most Reactions