What kind of parrot is this

Starracino44

Jun 14, 2013
Someone gave my husband a parrot and I'm try.ing to figure out what kind of parrot it is so I can research it and take the best care of it...

It's all yellow with a red beak, I think it is young but pretty large and it looks to have a tiny bit of light gray coloring on underneath of the wings

Thanks so much! Any info would be great

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 286

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
Sugar the Blue Crown Conure♂, Merlin the Camelot Macaw♂
That is an Indian Ringneck they are wonderful birds!!! He needs to be eating seed/pellet/nuts/dried fruit mix and fresh fruits and veggies, and lots of toys to keep them busy they are active birds!! you can google for some information on them.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Beautiful indian ringneck, congrats on your new baby. welcome to the forum:)

OP
S

Starracino44

Jun 14, 2013
She is untamed, does anyone have any tips that can help me bond with her and eventually hold her? When I come near the cage she gets upset and flys around.. Just got her yesterday she probly needs to settle in a bit more

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
Sugar the Blue Crown Conure♂, Merlin the Camelot Macaw♂
just take it very slowly sit by her cage while reading aloud to her or just talking to her softly and let her get used to you and her surroundings first.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Depending on age ,i'd say hen lutino IRN.

Most Reactions