What parrot?

god61021

Aug 8, 2011
illinois
Parrots
red rumped parakeet
they are a rare bird from new zealand, there was a recent yahoo news article about them like two days ago.

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
Well I don't know.....but there are rodents near it!!! :eek:

jaimmorr

Jul 21, 2011
USA
Parrots
Ricco - Goffin's Cockatoo
That's a Kakapo. A rare, endangered species from New Zealand that is recently making a comeback. I love them! They are flightless and I believe the largest parrot, but I may be mistaken on that part.

TortoiseLady17

Mar 25, 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
Parrots
April - 32 year old Panama Amazon!
Zuri - 3 year old Congo African grey
George - 4 year old Panama Amazon
Is it taxidermied? There are rats, and a lizard all sitting there with what appears to be other feathers or furs. Beautiful bird!

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Its definitely a kakapo, but it seems too skinny, kakapos are the heaviest parrots. Which means they don't fly.

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Margret-Mealy Amazon 28 (family parrot), Petri- Peach Front Conure 4, Chloe- Congo African Grey 24 and Rio- Blue Crown Conure 4 !! :D
It's stuffed :X

They are so cute, that is so sad that there are so little left :( Amazing that they only breed every 3-4 years.

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
definitely a kakapo, I think they are so cute and fluffy :D. If they weren't so endangered I would love a pet one! Their mating call is this really loud booming sound they make at night and can be heard for miles, they are nocturnal.

Most Reactions

Latest posts