what parrots next???

danaan97

Dec 23, 2010
Parrots
i have a lovely male moustache parrot.
i need help with what my next parrot will be. i have a baby moustache parrot:green2: and im thinking what i should get next. i would not get another for a few years but i would like to know what i want.
i would like something harder to take care of and more serious.
not something to expensive (macaw,etc)
maybe a grey african though where i am they are expensive.
something around 1,000 to 4,000 i dont like puting prices on pets but i couldnt put it any other way.
so if you could give my some ideas and roughly the price range of some birds fiting what i just said, that would be great.:)
thankyou

Danaan

Chris Winkler

Oct 8, 2010
Media
NW Pennsylvania
Parrots
Echo TAG,
Kodak Wt Face Tiel &
Tobi Male Ekkie
It really depends on what species would work for your lifestyle. Some require a very large cage and can be quite loud. If you live in an apartment noise will facter into it big time. What I did is read read read many post on forums like this will tell you alot about behavior and the individual birds needs. I had decided on a male Ekkie after quite some time and waited till the time was right to bring Tobi home. What ever you decide on take your time and the bird that's right for you will be there when your ready.

Chris Winkler

Oct 8, 2010
Media
NW Pennsylvania
Parrots
Echo TAG,
Kodak Wt Face Tiel &
Tobi Male Ekkie
BTW. Where r u located that a grey can cost that much? I paid $950 for Echo but have an awesome bird store about 1 1/2 hr away from me

Cowtown

Aug 4, 2010
Media
Great State of Texas
Parrots
Abby 2 year old Female Eclectus & Solomon 12 year old Male CAG & Dickens 4 year old CAG.
There are a lot of things to consider...
How much time do you have to spend having 2 fids?
What size house/apt do you live in.. the expense...

Where do you live? Is the US Dollars ?

OP
danaan97

danaan97

Dec 23, 2010
Parrots
i have a lovely male moustache parrot.
I live in Australia and African Greyson cost from 5,000 to 7,000, here.
Noise isn't to bad though my mother runs a business from home and she answers phones all day so not to loud.
I'm always at home so I will be able to spend lots of time with him/her.

Thankyou

Danaan

Most Reactions

Latest posts