Whats everyones favorite conure?

bumblebec

Jul 2, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Lola the Sun Conure & Mimi the Nanday Conure
I LOVE conures, they are such great little birds. Conures are a big favourite of mine, next to lorikeets, macaws, galahs and greys. When people ask about my birds (who don't know much about birds in general) I tell them, "they're kinda like the South American version of a lorikeet!" which I think is a perfect way to describe them. Loud, colourful, playful, silly, cute, affectionate, friendly, smart... they're really great birds.

I have a sun and nanday, I love my sun to pieces. She is a sweetie pie who never has a beautiful feather out of place, but also loves to be silly. She is smart as anything and can solve any foraging toy or puzzle within seconds. I think sun conures in general are so stunningly beautiful, the mixture of rich yellows, oranges, blues and greens is amazing, I can't wait for Lola to colour up a bit more, as she is only just 1 year old.

As for my nanday... I can't speak highly enough of her! She is the BEST bird I have ever owned. She is cuddly, derpy, hilarious, smart, friendly, affectionate, sweet and beautiful to boot. I find the colours on a nanday just as, if not more, beautiful as the sun conure. Her wings have the most amazing blue and black on them, and her chest is an iridescent aqua/light green colour. Her black head is ADORABLE and I can't stand the cuteness of her little red "pants". I just love her! I find nandays to be an incredibly underrated bird! People are quick to dismiss them because they are loud, but they aren't any louder then a sun or jenday conure.

I've met a few nandays and know several people who have them, and the adorable personalties they have seem to be in common with all of them. They are just fantastic birds and definitely my favourite type of conure by far. I think more people need to recognize them for that! :) I would love to see nandays being as common as suns and jendays, they are way less bossy and nippy, too!

With that being said, I am also very partial to cinnamon and pineapple greencheeks, sun, jenday and blue crown conures, but the nanday takes the cake! :)

bumblebec

Jul 2, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
I really like the Jenday and nanday conures

Yay! Another nanday lover! :)

I love my nanday so much, she is like a cuddly, crazy puppy. She is always making me laugh and she is such a clumsy, silly derpy bird.

She can ALMOST say "derp", almost! I'm still working on it with her, lol.

52325e1cd7a011e1b9a5123138140995_7.jpg

e9f5fda4d20411e1a74f1231380fcc36_7.jpg

f260fc32d93e11e1afd122000a1e8836_7.jpg

7667328078_c4b4bf5c5d_z.jpg

7667317548_db6d28333f_z.jpg

How can you resist that face? :09:

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
I can't just pick one. I love all conures! My Sun is incredibly beautiful and such a clown. She makes everyone around her laugh and she loves it. She loves to be the center of attention. She loves performing. My Jenday is also very beautiful. He is much more serious and calmer than my Sun. He is just a real sweetheart, and a cuddle bug too. Then there is my blue crown. Also very beautiful, very calm but still has a very funny personality. Great talker, and talks with huge expression. There is something wonderful and incredible about each of them. I love my conures!

Kern2012

Jun 9, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
Parrots
Cinnamon GCC and GCC
Well my favorite is my own conure Cooper... But I like the Golden, Pineapple and the Tourqoise... But Im more for the personality, I love the attention GCC give you and want to be your side kick with everything! I never have a dull day! :rainbow1:

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
I would have to say the GCC... They're so easy to tame, even if very aggressive... Their colouring are just beautiful...

I had a Sun some years back, Charlie, and she was gorgeous... She loved everyone - especially women with a nice cleavage, where she could snuggle up...

bumblebec

Jul 2, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
I would have to say the GCC... They're so easy to tame, even if very aggressive... Their colouring are just beautiful...

I had a Sun some years back, Charlie, and she was gorgeous... She loved everyone - especially women with a nice cleavage, where she could snuggle up...

My two love to go "cleavage diving"... hahaha. No idea why. Lola especially, she is always running down my shirt and rolling around in my cleavage, it's hilarious!

AFP520

Banned
Banned
Jun 7, 2012
NJ
Parrots
Lucy, Sun Capped Conure
I'm partial to gold-caps (wonder why?) but I have grown to love all breeds because they are all so unique.

DannyA93

Jan 22, 2012
Las Cruces, NM
Parrots
Pineapple Turquoise Greencheek Conure-Ivy❤️, Male Cockatiel-Lusa (aka Bub =D)

My two love to go "cleavage diving"... hahaha. No idea why. Lola especially, she is always running down my shirt and rolling around in my cleavage, it's hilarious!

I totally understand why...LOL! Sorry I'ma youngin I couldn't resist! Haha

Most Reactions