whats this??

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFMXrBWswl0&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Really Weird-Looking Bird‬‏[/ame]

ppl don't do this??

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
Very strange, I dont think anyone did this. They said he was born that way. Looks like he was playing w/the electric. Show this to nut as a precautionary video.

OP
suebee

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
thats good to read i was worried it was some kinda breedin thing, an lol nuts been very happily sat on my shoulder as i watched birdie videos in U tube :)

Conurekidd

Mar 30, 2011
Southern Calif
Parrots
YC Amazon Sampson

Sun Conure Bella

Cinn Green Cheek Conure Rexx
This is what you call a feather duster. It's a inbreeding fault. These birds only life a few weeks after maturity. Or a few days or something. When you breed budgies (which that is what this is a budgie) this is what you look out for. As how cute this is. It's really sad to see when you know the outcome. :(

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
This is what you call a feather duster. It's a inbreeding fault. These birds only life a few weeks after maturity. Or a few days or something. When you breed budgies (which that is what this is a budgie) this is what you look out for. As how cute this is. It's really sad to see when you know the outcome. :(

That's the main reason why I'm against in breeding mutations! They're beautiful and all. They're here already, but we really don't need to do more....

Abzeez

Apr 26, 2011
WI
Parrots
Bean the Blue Front Amazon, Chico the Ringneck, and Ida the African grey
Well he looks like he's alive and well.

Ratzy

Apr 7, 2010
Media
Hamilton, Victoria, Australia
Parrots
See siggie :)
They are feather dusters or mops. Its caused by a rouge recessive gene. The bird only lives a few months at the most ( if the breeder does extra care for it ). They usually are quite big budgies, then when they leave the nest they rapidly lose weight. No breeder would breed them on purpose, now that would be cruel. And you can't really anyway.

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
Sprite the cinnamon green cheek conure.
Its an inbred budgie. It is called a feather duster budgie. I heard once that feather duster budgies are like people with down syndrome.

stephend

Jun 7, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Acorn - a Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure;
Bob - a Cockatiel;
Cricket - an American Budgie
I wish that was a healthy mutation.

Most Reactions