whats you DREAM bird :)

Teknogeddon

Aug 13, 2016
Alabama
Parrots
Chasca - Hahns Macaw
In all the world?
Hilariously the birds I love most are NOT kept as human companions and typically die in captivity- The Kea Parrot and the Lilac Breasted Roller (I have a tattoo of one on my shoulder). I would love to see these babies in the wild, but I'd hate to disturb them.

Extinct, I'd want a Dodo bird or a Carolina Conure. (doom on you?)
However, I'm content with any feathered friend that I can care for and cares for me in return.

Last edited:

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
I have all my dream birds! This little guy is today's dream bird, right before I took this photo, he leaned over and said, "I love you so much." I think he knew I was having a bad day.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I have my ultimate dream species as far as parrot species go. Raven my Bronze Winged Pionus :). I had a female years ago who passed at a year old, but got Raven because I absolutely needed a BWP.

CherylCali

Jun 22, 2016
Victoria, Texas
Parrots
Early Bird Green Cheek Conure
Hatch Date 3-2016
ca5e71b35775f999ddd22496b02df6fd.jpg

I never thought of a Green Cheek Conure as my dream bird, but as our relationship grows I love her more and more, maybe by the minute. I'm definitely a conure person though. I don't desire to have another bird, but it's Jendays that make my heart flutter ♡♡♡♡♡

CherylCali

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
ConureKid and Kobe...

I would LOVE a Golden Conure, but the Rickeybird would be jealous.
Kobe, can we pleeeeeeeeeeeease see some more pictures of that QofB beauty???? I have admired those birds ever since I saw my first one. They completely mesmerize me.

Chase

Aug 14, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Hyancith macaw for a big bird. I got to see a yellow collard macaw today, and he (maybe she) was pretty cool, I wouldn't mind having one of those in the future either

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Hyancith macaw for a big bird. I got to see a yellow collard macaw today, and he (maybe she) was pretty cool, I wouldn't mind having one of those in the future either

The Rickeybird named himself, thanks to a Yellow Collared Macaw! When I bought him, he had spent a few days perching next to a RCM... they're about the same size, somewhat similar colors. The YCM was named Ricky, and said that name a lot: Rb picked it up. At the time I got him, I didn't know if he'd ever learn more words, so I just kept it. 30 years (and maybe 30 words later, not counting his version of J-Lo's "Booty") I wish I'd given it more thought!
I'd forgotten that story; thanks for reminding me!!!

Tangie

May 10, 2013
Maine
Parrots
Kiko; A cockatiel.
Tangie; My beloved Sun Conure who passed away in May 2013
Hmnn....at the moment I can't really think of any.
I've always wanted a Severe Macaw or a Hawk-headed Parrot, though.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Like others, I have my dream birds. But if I could improve on near-perfection, they would not scream, nip, fight, waste food, crap everywhere, or get sick. :)

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
Goofy (YNA), Oscar (Goffin 'too). Foster bird Betty (RLA). RIP Cookie, 1991-2016 ('tiel), Leo (Sengal), Charlotte (scarlet macaw). Grand-birds: Liam (budgie), Donovan (lovebird), RIP Angelo (budgie)
I have my dream birds, including the bird I didn't even know I wanted. Leo, my senegal is just so amazing. I never thought I'd like a small bird, but he proved me wrong. I've also always wanted a macaw, and thought I might start looking around maybe in a year or so when I stumbled upon Charlotte. So now I have both, and I couldn't be happier.

Note: Goofy and Cookie are not technically my birds even though I do the vast majority of the work with them. They belong to MrC.

Danigrrl39

Aug 24, 2016
Philadelphia, PA
Parrots
Momma to Mochi- Cinnamon Green Cheeked Conure. Hatched 4/18/16
And the new baby, Romeo- Hahn's Macaw. Hatched 4/26/18
If funds weren't an issue, I'd have an entire aviary set up like the one at the philadelphia zoo so I could be surrounded by a flock when I have my coffee next to a waterfall. Seriously, I'd build a rainforest if I could. My favorite, by far are the umbrella cockatoos, they're love bugs.

Most Reactions