When Fish & Wildlife come knocking - unannounced

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Here in Florida they can take your birds. It's a judgement call the FWC can make. they take your birds and later you go in front of a judge who decides. The agent doesn't like something or you ,then he can take your birds. I have several FWC permits, they do come when they want and don't even ask, just come right though the gate and start looking around, even if you're not home. Piss off one who has an ARF tendency and you're in for a world of trouble, and they know it. We have regulations on things like cage size, pen size, evacuation plan, technically you can have your pet parrot unrestrained outside, free flight would be illegal. I live inside a state park with loads of hiker,kayakers, bikes, etc. The warden tells me he gets calls every week about the parrots/turkey/chicken etc. people love to complain. The birds around my house have it pretty good. Heck the tom turkeys love to see what stupid human tricks they can get the gawkers to do. They strut and gobble for fools all day long.Someones bound to complain about the poor turkeys inside the fenced yard. You're lucky wendy, at least they knocked.

Last edited:

ToMang07

Jul 14, 2015
Maine, USA
Parrots
Willow the Umbrella Cockatoo
That's just terrible. I can understand a summons, get your day in court or whatnot, as offensive as even that is. But no warrant+no access. Period.

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
....You're lucky wendy, at least they knocked.

:eek: Holy smokes, Captain, I had absolutely no clue Florida had its own very strict rules! And boy-oh-boy you've got some gutsy wardens to 'just' walk onto your property. Is it because you live in a State Forest?

I know if anyone would simply just walk into my house without ringing the bell or knocking first, they'd be in for a VERY rude awakening. :54: If one of my dogs doesn't get them first, I sure as hell will....with a cast iron frying pan over the head. :21:

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
Never knew there where laws like that out there..Wendy, captain..thanks for the insight..people suck sometimes.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Wow, some of the draconian laws are so scary!I know that Fish & Wildlife officers here have more leeway in what they can do, but I don't think they can come right in the house without a warrant or knocking. My dogs would go crazy if anyone just came into the house, heck, they don't even like invited guests.

Most Reactions