When it rains, it pours....

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots
--PUMPKIN - male YS GCC. Hatched Halloween Day 2014. Came home Jan. 4, 2015. Started talking in July '15!

-BUTTERNUT- female TYS GCC Hatched in late Jan. 2016 and came home March 14, 2016
It's been such a difficult week. First my grandma (Granny) was admitted to the hospital because she couldn't breath. She has Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis and COPD. Then our car insurance company called and said we may be going to court. There was an accident two years ago where a drunk pedestrian wandered into traffic in front of our Jeep at night. We didn't see him in time to stop. I can still see everything like it happened last night. I thought this was over and behind us but it is coming back up again now. Then yesterday my Granny was sent home from the hospital and put on Hospice care. We visited her today and it's worse than I thought. I really like this forum. It is my happy place right now when everything around me seems to be going dark.

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Oh my.

I'm so sorry to hear all that. Prayers with your family.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I'm sorry to hear this :(. I wish all the best for your grandma, and for the traffic incident. That can be scary. I agree, this is a nice "escape" at times.

Mimsy01

Jul 7, 2014
Parrots
GCC-Foofany
European Starling-Zeki
BCC-Ellie House Sparrow-Napolean Parakeet-Bean
I wish you and your family the best of luck.

OP
Ann333

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots
--PUMPKIN - male YS GCC. Hatched Halloween Day 2014. Came home Jan. 4, 2015. Started talking in July '15!

-BUTTERNUT- female TYS GCC Hatched in late Jan. 2016 and came home March 14, 2016
Thanks everyone.

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Hugs to you. It's my happy place too. I wish we could help.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Oh man, Ann! I'm so sorry to hear about your Granny. :( How old is she? Seeing loved ones 'fade' and possibly suffer is one of the absolute hardest things in life.

And why on earth would that drunk pedestrian want to press charges? Never mind that....when do folks these days NOT press charges? :cool:

Hugs to you! Here's to better days ahead!!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I'm sorry your going through all this:( It is always nice to have something to distract you when things get tough in life.

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Ohmygoodness, Ann~ I'm so sorry about your grandma [emoji173]️

And that guy wants to press charges?!? Seriously?? Oh man...

Many hugs to you, my friend!

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
I'm sorry! My grandmother passed away the other day.

The forum is a nice way to escape at times.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Ann, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Will you be able to visit her often? You and your family are in my thoughts.

Ugh, great timing on the drunk pedestrian's part. I hope nothing comes of it.

The forum is often a very pleasant distraction.

Please remember to take a little time just for you while you're enduring all the added stress. Hugs and well wishes, My Friend.

OP
Ann333

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots

Sorry guys I didn't make it clear, he died on the scene. We belive it is his family looking for money. Which would be fine I'd love to help the family, but after the legal fees and paying back the money spent to ship his body back to Honduras (he was an illegal aliens) there won't be any money left for the family.

As for my Granny, she is ready. It is the rest of us struggling with it. She's a tough old lady! :) she is I believe 66 years old. And yes luckily she lives 5 minutes away. So I can see her anytime I want.

OP
Ann333

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots

I'm sorry! My grandmother passed away the other day.

The forum is a nice way to escape at times.

I'm very sorry to hear about your grandmother. :( I hope you and your family are doing okay.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Ann, I am so sorry to hear all you are going through. I'm glad you are so close to your Granny, I am sure she loves your visits.

What an ordeal your accident must have been! I hope that it is thrown out of court so this can be over for you.
You're in my thoughts.

SoCalWendy

Jun 29, 2013
Kihei, Hawaii
Parrots
None at the moment
It's been such a difficult week. First my grandma (Granny) was admitted to the hospital because she couldn't breath. She has Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis and COPD. Then our car insurance company called and said we may be going to court. There was an accident two years ago where a drunk pedestrian wandered into traffic in front of our Jeep at night. We didn't see him in time to stop. I can still see everything like it happened last night. I thought this was over and behind us but it is coming back up again now. Then yesterday my Granny was sent home from the hospital and put on Hospice care. We visited her today and it's worse than I thought. I really like this forum. It is my happy place right now when everything around me seems to be going dark.

Ugh Ann, I am so sorry to hear about all of this. Just take it one day at a time... (((Hugs))) I hope everything will be okay.

OP
Ann333

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots

Thanks everyone seriously. Its been rough, one minute im fine and the next i am not fine at all. It means a lot to just tell someone whats going on and have support. I feel like i need to be strong for my family.

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
I got that insinuation from your post.

Can only imagine how difficult the accident was in itself.

I would hope you have a good lawyer guiding you through this.
Also a good therapist.

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots
Baxter - Illiger's Macaw (hatch date 5.1.15);

Taylor - Black capped Conure (RIP 3.14.15 - miss you every day little "Girlie")
So sorry to hear about your grandmother, Ann. I'm glad you live close to her so you can visit often.

I hope things with the accident are put to rest quickly and in your favor.

Hang in there.

OP
Ann333

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots

She went back to the hospital today. She is having uncontrollable nose bleeds. They cauterized her nasal cavity for the second time this week. Hopefully it takes this time.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Oh gosh, I really hope the cauterization works this time :(. Your poor grandmother, I'm so sorry, that must feel so uncomfortable for her. So stressful for you and the family too. Hang in there.

Most Reactions

Latest posts