Where to buy a large, safe cage.

Noided

Jul 5, 2014
Hi guys, in the near future I will be getting a parrotlet but first I want to get the cage and make sure everything is set up and ready for his or her arrival but I'm having trouble finding a large (ish) cage that I like the look of.

I have seen a few I like but they're either too tall with not enough width or the gaps in the bars are way too big for a parrotlet.

I saw one on Ebay which was the perfect size for the space I have (40" W 26" D and as high as you like) but after a little searching I found the same cage under a different name on a couple of different sites including Amazon and the reviews were pretty bad. A lot of people said it was really flimsy and cheaply made as well as being difficult to put together as the parts didn't fit quite right. This is it [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Happypet-aviary-bird-BD009-anthracite/dp/B002Q06Q14/ref=pd_sim_sbs_petsupplies_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0967NG0YX0F4HD387YT4"]Happypet ® aviary bird cage BD009 anthracite: Amazon.co.uk: Pet Supplies[/ame]

I've had a look in my local shops but their only seems to be small cages, second-hand ones that aren't in great shape or large ones but with huge spaces in the bars more suited for larger parrots.

So yeah, does anyone know of any good websites or stores where I can get a good, safe cage?

Last edited:

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
If you want large I got this one for my linnies [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002AQ228?pc_redir=1404580548&robot_redir=1"]Prevue Hendryx F050 Pet Products Wrought Iron Flight Cage, X-Large, Hammertone Black:Amazon:pet Supplies[/ame]

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Any of the cages they call a "flight cage" would be nice for a Parrotlet :) Can't wait to see pics when you get one. I think they're adorable.

OP
N

Noided

Jul 5, 2014
Also, how important are horizontal bars on the cage so the bird can go up and down the sides? I've seen a couple more nice cages but they all have vertical bars....

Most Reactions

Latest posts