Where's my lovebird peeps at?

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Isolated Holler in the Appalachian Wilderness
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
I can't be the only one with one of these adorable little monsters. Where are the rest of my masochistic compatriots under the rule of a lovebird (flock/pair/dictator)?

:rainbow1:

lomeraniel

Aug 22, 2015
Spain. 6 lovebirds, 2 cockatiels, and 2 gouldian finches.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

OP
bug_n_flock

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
Whoo hoo! Hello hello! How long have you had lovebirds for? I only just got mine a few days ago. I did have a peach faced for a few years when I was younger, but unfortunately had to rehome her while leaving a less-than-safe domestic situation.

Any advice for someone with way less experience with lovebirds than you? :)

OP
bug_n_flock

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Parrots
At only a handful of weeks old mine is already a very feisty little thing! But also very affectionate and adorable. :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I have 3 Lovebirds, they are definitely feisty! If I had a quarter for every time I have been bitten simply putting food in the cage, I would be wealthy.
What shocked me the most is the size wood they can destroy. I got a really good deal on some large wooden toys, and had an extra one I threw in with them They destroyed it at the same pace as the big birds did.

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
I don't have a lovebird right now but they're one of my dream birds to have.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
I have 3 Lovebirds, they are definitely feisty! If I had a quarter for every time I have been bitten simply putting food in the cage, I would be wealthy.
What shocked me the most is the size wood they can destroy. I got a really good deal on some large wooden toys, and had an extra one I threw in with them They destroyed it at the same pace as the big birds did.

Terry, How many birds do you have?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

Terry, How many birds do you have?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, we have a houseful of feathered overlords:)

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
No doubting the sassy of the lovebirds! The youngest, the smallest, and easily the flock boss. Not a species I'd initially choose for myself, but absolutely head over heels for the one who resides under our roof.

Last edited:

lomeraniel

Aug 22, 2015
I had lovebirds for about 4 years now. They have a strong chatacter but they're also very charming. They do better in couple or groups than alone. Females can have territorial issues and bite sometimes. I wouldn't change my birds for anything else.

lomeraniel

Aug 22, 2015
Large cages and plenty of time out of them is essential.
0a036934209051b189e72440bbcb3f48.jpg

C3mommy

Mar 14, 2018
Nampa, Idaho
Parrots
Quaker Parrot- Gamora
I have 2 and my MIL had 2. We love them, they have great personalities!

Cage with the skirt is mine, other cage is my MILs20180410_175825.jpg20180410_175834.jpg

Most Reactions