Which Birds Are On Your Birdie Wish/Dream List?

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Caique
Eclectus (Can it still be on the list if I pick them up tomorrow?)
Linnies :)
Other than that I think I live with them all!

OP
Blancaej

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
I've already got two of my dream birds, (male and female ekkies) but if ever I hit the Mega there are a few more I'd pick up.

A hyacinth,
A toucan
A blue throated macaw (Yep, I caught the Zoe fever, too!)
And a sun conure!

Very nice choices! I agree with you, too! I have some of my dream birds already as well. I always wanted a Mac and now I have two! :D

I mean I love the birds I have now and just being able to have them already makes them my "dream birds" but I would REALLY want a

Vasa Parrot
White Capped Pionus (hopefully not a "dream" for long lol)
Toucan (!!!)
Hornbill
Citron Cockatoo

I agree, I enjoy and love everyone one of my fids. I never thought I would own birds when I was younger and here I am with 4 who I adore! The best part about dreams is when you can actually fulfill them! ;) But as bird owners, we all have the bug and once you have one, so many more appeal to us! :D Nice choices by the way!

This is a fun thread
Realistically I am maxed out. BUT, since this is all about "dreaming"...

My more 'realistic' choices -

Bronze Winged Pionus (already have him )
Dusky Pionus
Ruppell's Parrot (already have him )
Cape Parrot
Meyer's Parrot turquoise bellied subsp.
Red Lored Amazon
Parrotlet
more English Budgies

My not at all realistic choices -

Vos Maeri Eclectus female
Blue Throated Macaw
Slender Billed Corella (had one)
Timneh Grey

If I had an aviary(s) (and someone to clean it lol) -

Plumheaded parakeets
Hooded Parakeets (had one)
A bunch of exotic finches
More budgies (in unusual and beautiful color mutations)
Diamond Doves
maybe Button Quail

Now that is a great list! ;) I think we all wish we could have as many birds as we would want. But kids, life, jobs and family make it hard to do just that. But again, we can always dream and admire from afar. ;)

Oh my list is too long! I'd need to buy a couple of houses first
Lol! I'd still like to know! This is fun.

Well, if you'd still like to know then here it is...

Hyacinth macaw
Blue throated macaw
Red fronted macaw
Noble macaw
Blue and gold macaw
Blue crowned conure
Golden (Queen of Bavaria) conure
African grey
Caique (either kind)
White cockatiel
Hand fed budgie
Jardines parrot
Red bellied parrot

That's all for now, but my list keeps growing. Like I said, I'd need to buy a couple houses first

Another great list! Golden Conure's are beautiful birds! Thanks for taking the time and doing that for me! Love your list! ;)

Like everyone else ever: hyacinth....they are so mushy and adorable!!

Raven
Golden Eagle
Black Vulture
...real talk okay any bird of prey I won't be picky about it hahaha

Golden Conure
BTM
Greenwing

What a great list! I love seeing a few species listed over and over again on here. This is quite interesting to read. Thanks for joining in! :D

Oh! I forgot... a Raven. Of course

Nice! ;)

Caique
Eclectus (Can it still be on the list if I pick them up tomorrow?)
Linnies :)
Other than that I think I live with them all!

Short and sweet! Nothing wrong with that. Love your choices! ;)

Kalel

Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Parrots
Sun conure named Lemon (nickname Moonie) hatched August 28, 2014, BFA Professor Green hatched August 22, 2014, Macaw Flash hatched Sept 15, 2007
Blancaej, you're very welcome! I'm glad you love my list! This thread is so much fun! It's so nice to have all you guys to share these dream lists with lol. A non bird person would not get it and likely shake their head in disbelief hahaha.

OP
Blancaej

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
It goes to show there are a lot of us out there just crazy about birds. And only those of us that are will get it! LOL! Others may think we are crazy, but we know we are lucky to have these birds in our lives! ;)

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Oh! I forgot... a Raven. Of course ;)

We have one at the wildlife center and I think of you every time I put on a gilly suit and feed it!

LOL thanks Brittany ;). Is that a suit for camouflage? I've never seen a Raven in person yet... It is on the bucket list :)
Tons of crows here in the suburbs though as you know since you used to live near me.

OP
Blancaej

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
We have Ravens up here I believe. They are huge! :eek: You don't realize how big they are until you get really close!

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots
--PUMPKIN - male YS GCC. Hatched Halloween Day 2014. Came home Jan. 4, 2015. Started talking in July '15!

-BUTTERNUT- female TYS GCC Hatched in late Jan. 2016 and came home March 14, 2016
Hopefully I will be allowed another bird after I finish college and get a job and a bigger house. My fiance hates birds though. My dreams are more or less realistic and I will hopefully one day be able to pick one or two from the following list. :)
Galah too
Congo grey
quaker
Parrotlet
more gcc (I LOVE the turquoise yellow sided ones and WILL be getting one. Haha)

Last edited:
OP
Blancaej

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
Hopefully I will be allowed another bird after I finish college and get a job and a bigger house. My fiance hates birds though. My dreams are more or less realistic and I will hopefully one day be able to pick one or two from the following list. :)
Galaga too
Congo grey
quaker
Parrotlet
more gcc (I LOVE the turquoise yellow sided ones and WILL be getting one. Haha)

That is a great list Ann! Hopefully you can get your fiancé to come around. Thanks for sharing! ;)

June2012

Apr 12, 2015
Southern California
Parrots
Still on that mission, but looking for my mushy! <3
Hmmm....

Hyacinth Macaw (I'll be getting one in a couple of years, as a gift from my parents. HYPED!)
Blue Throated Macaw
Eclectus (If not only for their specific diet, I might've already gotten one, lol.)
ANY Cockatoo! (I love their personality, but omg, their voice boxes are something else. XD)
African Grey (Mom's allergic to dust...)

My list is rather short, but I absolutely love these birds. Parrots as a whole, I think, are just magnificent creatures. How can you NOT want all of them?!?!

OP
Blancaej

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
Hmmm....

Hyacinth Macaw (I'll be getting one in a couple of years, as a gift from my parents. HYPED!)
Blue Throated Macaw
Eclectus (If not only for their specific diet, I might've already gotten one, lol.)
ANY Cockatoo! (I love their personality, but omg, their voice boxes are something else. XD)

My list is rather short, but I absolutely love these birds. Parrots as a whole, I think, are just magnificent creatures. How can you NOT want all of them?!?!

You have some nice choices there! Your list may be short but it's sweet! ;)

Wow! Congrats on the hyacinth that is coming your way in a couple of years! That is awesome!

June2012

Apr 12, 2015
Southern California
Parrots
Still on that mission, but looking for my mushy! <3
Hmmm....

Blue Throated Macaw

You have some nice choices there! Your list may be short but it's sweet! ;)

Wow! Congrats on the hyacinth that is coming your way in a couple of years! That is awesome!

Thanks. Your list is awesome too! :)

I'm so excited too. ^^ Parrots are just wonderful. :blue:

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
There are some amazing lists here!
I'd love a Violet or Grey ringneck, and an African Grey.
I'm taken by the plumheads...

HisAngel

Feb 5, 2014
Canada
Parrots
Rosa (9) the wonderful U2 -gotcha day Mar 2, 2014
Grey IRN baby - Coming home July 2015
Now that my wee IRN is coming home soon, I can cross him off the list but I would also love a CAG, and a Hawkhead someday. Not any day soon :p But someday maybe.

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
So if money and space were no issue...

Raven
Crow
Saw Whet Owl
Magpie
Hyacinth
Blue Throat
Black Palm
Blue Nape

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I saw some fledging magpies the other day, taking one home crossed my mind several times, LOL. I think they would be a great pet, similar to having a crow of which i've had several.

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
I saw some fledging magpies the other day, taking one home crossed my mind several times, LOL. I think they would be a great pet, similar to having a crow of which i've had several.

Were they the black and white ones or are those only in Europe? I know there are quite a few Magpie species.

Oh and if I am really dreaming a penguin would be way cool!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I would love a Hy, a BTM, a Black Palm, and another BFA....

BUT realistically, any bird I brought into my flock would only take away from the attention the other birds already get, and might interfere in the relationship I already have with the ones I've got...

I'll keep things the way they are.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)

A penguin?!? Haha! Points for the answer furthest "out of the box!" I love it!

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub

Were they the black and white ones or are those only in Europe? I know there are quite a few Magpie species.

They were the black/white the type seen in Us. This was in Denver last month.

Most Reactions