white front amazons

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Why only from hen WFA owners? Welcome to the forum ,are you looking to pair up a bird?

Last edited:
OP
A

abra

Aug 6, 2011
my male white front recently lost his mate of 20 years. He is very depressed . I have been contemplating possibly finding him a new home with someone who has a lonesome female white front? Probably a bad idea? dunno Thanks for your interest. I love your photograph of the bird on the tricycle!

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
It's only a bad idea if your bird is a close pet,be aware that many issues can arise from intro of a new bird,i don't want to write a book here but maybe go for a trail period with any new bird to see if it's going to work.I don't know if your breeding this bird but if not consider either sex of any similar sized bird. I have many rehomed amazon from situations similar to yours and they really enjoy being around other zons even if they're not the best of friends.Having a flock (human or other wise) can turn a bird like yours around very quickly. Good Luck

Last edited:

KBEquine

May 19, 2011
South-central PA
Parrots
From little to big - currently 6 Linnies; 2 Budgies; 1 BHP; 2 CAGs; 2 Zons; 1 GWM. Formerly in the flock: 1 LSC2 [fostered/rehomed] RIP: 1 budgie 1 WCP & 1 sweet Pan Am
I have many rehomed amazon from situations similar to yours and they really enjoy being around other zons even if they're not the best of friends.Having a flock (human or other wise) can turn a bird like yours around very quickly. Good Luck

If I may take this slightly off-topic . . .

This weekend I will be visiting a CAG who lost his human about 6 months ago & has been living with one of his human's friends (who is not a bird-person, but is doing his best for this CAG & doing a pretty good job).

Do you think that having a flock can turn around most rescue birds, whether or not they are zons? This CAG had lived with other birds before. He probably has no feathered companionship now (living with a self-described "not a bird person"). If he comes to live with us, in addition to two humans, he'll have an amicable amazon (and a much-loved but pissy Pionus). Plus some 'keets.

I was thinking the feathered flock would help soothe his soul, while he begins to fit in.

Does that work for most parrots?

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
We've always had parrots (zons) and have taken in lots of rehomes,i think part of our success with the newbies is the fact that there's other birds close by and they do seem to enjoy being around each other.My pet YN loves to go downstairs and hang out with the other zons and that's where i put her when i leave the house and have to put her in her cage.Yes i think having a feathered flock helps new birds adjust.Just don't forget the quarantine time.

Most Reactions

Latest posts