why does my conure turn it's back to me

champconure4

Feb 1, 2013
Gainesville, GA
Parrots
Budgie (Polly)
Sun Conure (Champ)
I have a new conure I explained my situation on the new member forum.

My new Conure, Champ, sits on top of his cage and I sing to him. He bobs his head up and down and slightly raises his wings and sways back andn forth. I guess he is tone death because he seems to like my singing LOL...

He will the turn his back to me as if he wants me to pet him or somethign he is trying to comunicate with me so it seens. I do not wnat to touch him while he is foing this for I do not want to create a bad habit if it is some sort of mating sign. Champ is four years old and even though I have only had him for a couple of days the transition seems to be going very well.

If anyone knows what this means when he turns his back to me, the answer would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Will T

JasmineGCC

Oct 4, 2012
England
Parrots
Jasmine my pineapple green cheeked conure, hatched 17 April 2012
Birds touch each others backs when mating - especially between where their wings meet. I would say yours is encouraging you to touch there so best not to! Jasmine will try to feed me and shows me her back or bottom so I distract her with a foot toy and a treat

DannyA93

Jan 22, 2012
Las Cruces, NM
Parrots
Pineapple Turquoise Greencheek Conure-Ivy❤️, Male Cockatiel-Lusa (aka Bub =D)
When my birds turn there back it usually means leave me alone! I dont wanna be touched!! lol but if there in the cuddly mood youll definately know it lol

Most Reactions

Latest posts