Wild Galahs (Rose Breasted Cockatoos)

bumblebec

Jul 2, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Lola the Sun Conure & Mimi the Nanday Conure
I thought you guys might like these pictures I took of a small wild flock of Galahs just outside Melbourne. I love seeing this guys in the wild, they're always so cute and happy!

(Taken with a Nikon J1)

6593066163_dbfc7510ec_z.jpg

6593065437_f8654ed081_z.jpg

6593066623_2586c3a8f9_z.jpg

6593067423_a0f84b5804_z.jpg

6593067737_2f6c0644b8_z.jpg

6593068259_74d551eefa_z.jpg

Purl

May 15, 2012
Northern NJ
Parrots
Ducorp's Cockatoo -Purl
Lovebirds - Salsa and Peeps

Angel Cockatiels - Chloe and Quasimodo
Wow...that's incredible!! How beautiful they look in flight..but I'd hate to be a car parked under them..LOL!!

Thank you for sharing...it's just amazing to see them in their natural habitat.

OP
bumblebec

bumblebec

Jul 2, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Wow...that's incredible!! How beautiful they look in flight..but I'd hate to be a car parked under them..LOL!!

Thank you for sharing...it's just amazing to see them in their natural habitat.

Love it!!!!!!! I see this a lot @ Pentaxforums.com which I frequent daily. Thanks for sharing!

Not a problem at all, glad you enjoyed them! I really enjoy seeing them even though we see them often, so I thought people who don't get to see them as often would like them even more! :01:

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Wow!:eek:Beautiful pics, you are a great photographer! I love galahs, they are so pretty. If I wasn't allergic to them I would definitely get one.

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
Beautiful photos... I have a photo of some wild corellas feeding in a tree across the road from me..

Here it is:

Last edited:
OP
bumblebec

bumblebec

Jul 2, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Those are such great pix, I just now put them on my screensaver.

Thanks again.

Wow, thanks! :)

Wow!:eek:Beautiful pics, you are a great photographer! I love galahs, they are so pretty. If I wasn't allergic to them I would definitely get one.

Yeah, they are a big favourite of mine, too! I hope to get one soon, waiting for babies to be born. :)

Beautiful photos... I have a photo of some wild corellas feeding in a tree across the road from me..

Lovely photo! I love seeing the wildlife around Australia, we have such lovely animals.

Alisana

May 31, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Yuki - Snow white budgie; Luna - Blue budgie; Pocket - Hahn's Macaw
I'll have to bring a camera down to work one day and get pictures of all the 'toos we have there :D

We have Sulphurs and Corellas that just feed across the whole campus. Looks amazing! Same with the lorries.

OP
bumblebec

bumblebec

Jul 2, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
I love aussie wildlife. :) We have such pretty animals. I really miss the birds in NSW, we used to get lorikeets, rosellas, cockies, galahs, corellas and king parrots (among other things) visiting us almost every day. I used to love feeding them, I really miss it!

Most Reactions

Latest posts