Will my ringneck get use to other birds?? Please help

084bar

Oct 17, 2012
South Africa
Parrots
blue/green indian ringneck "Peanut"
Hi

I am going to start breeding budgies, a few of my family friend said they want hand raised budgies but they can't find any. I am looking at this as a opportunity to do what I love...... I have done my research, had breeds helping me (friends) and I have hand raised before, but I do need help with having a tame ringneck. Peanut is my world, he loves the whole family and I bit scared/worried on how to introduce Peanut to the other birds, I know they have to be in different cages but I have open plan house, can see every room from one spot, so can't even feed budges in another room.......

Do u think Peanut will get use to having other birds in the house???????

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
if you plan to breed budgies and have a nesting box, I would not allow your ringneck near your budgies.
first off it will stress your budgies out incredibly, and may not want to nest due to lack of protection, and boundary issues.

you will need to set up a secure place for them to nest.
then once the chicks have hatched, and are raised completely, then you can place the cages side by side.

your ring neck may be fine with budgies, but from my experience, they will tend to think them as a target, due to them being fairly active.

Most Reactions