Will this cage do for some finches?

GlitchTown

Mar 3, 2017
Parrots
Skye, Cloud, Beep, Lilac - American budgies
Hello yet again! It's been a while, but I'm back for another question of mine.

I've been thinking, since I'm a student and have little time and not too big of a budget... what I could do to satisfy my lasting love for the avian world. More than anything, I would like to give them a good life. It's a hard guideline to meet, given my time... but, I've been thinking about possibly some finches? No conclusions at all yet, just a thought. Sammy taught me a good lesson on the demands of some of these guys, so I want to be absolutely certain they would be right for me. If not, then I will just move on.

Since this is mostly prospective at the moment, I don't really have anything planned. I do, however, have a cage that's been here for a while. I feel as though it might be large "enough", and the prospect for a larger upgrade isn't that far out, but I want your opinions. Knowing finches do better in flocks, would this cage work temporarily for 2-3 (or 4?) Finches?

(If they just don't sound right for my situation however, I'm absolutely open to just waiting until I've truly settled! No more mistakes!)
384ef82e8f67f36e5100c509bfb5a661.jpg
903aac287bef418b27bf93df9cf3c671.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
I would suggest a 20x30 minimum.... finches are super busy, constantly on the move and the flit back and forth. They move left to right more than up and down, so widest cage possible is the best option!

You can find 20x30 flight cages on sale often on eBay or Amazon.

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Consider spending a little more money and getting them something like this...

91VPWDKTtsL._SL1500_.jpg

Scroll down and you'll see someone who even describes it as a 'zebra finch heaven'. Can't go wrong with the size or the price.

FlyBirdiesFly

Jul 30, 2017
Media
The cage above is the one I use for Ducky. I love it! I agree that it’s always better to get the biggest cage you can.

OP
GlitchTown

GlitchTown

Mar 3, 2017
Parrots
Skye, Cloud, Beep, Lilac - American budgies
Ohhhh, that is nice! And definitely doable as far as my budget goes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Latest posts