Wing flip/fluff?

LoveMyConlan

Mar 31, 2015
Media
Pennsylvania, USA
Parrots
Gcc- Conlan... Sun Conure- Mouse...Jenday- Kellan... RLA- Happy...B&G Macaw- Rhage
My Gcc, Conlan, has started this new habit of fluffing her wings with a light and quick little flap. Like a wing twitch. But she only ever does it when she's sitting with me.

She never tries to back in to me, or moans, like breeding behavior, and normally she starts falling asleep and lift one foot when she does it.

Is this normal like a happy thing or something I should not allow?

Almost looks like she's fluffing out before a nap but she only recently started this.

Please note, she's not acting sickly and bit puffed up abnormally. The wing flip is just new. And she's almost 3 now :)

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Sounds like a normal get comfortable prior to a nap or sleep to me!

You should experience one of the Large Parrots doing this cute little thing! Although its not so little! :D

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
that's happy/comfy/content/ready for a nap!

It means they really trust you and love you, to the point they want to sleep on you!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
yeah this is normal....his/her guard is down and is fully content just sitting on you. It's just a form of relaxing stretching before sleep as apposed to the sleeking wing and foot stretching as they first wake up.

PickleMeDickles

May 17, 2015
Southern California
Parrots
SassyByrd (DYH Amazon) JoJo (GCC) Betty (GCC) DEARLY LOVED fids lost to “Teflon Disaster� 12/17 RIP Pickles (GC),RIP Winston (Sun), RIP Lady PLEASE TAKE 5 MINUTES &TOSS OUT ALL YOUR TEFLON NOW!
Yep, it's a definite "I Love You". Just keep your fingers crossed and hope she doesn't start regurgitating all over you just to make sure you get the message right.

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
Yeah, it's kind of like a stretch. Just to fling the feathers out a bit to get everything relaxed and comfy. You are special!

Most Reactions

Latest posts