so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
My Son was born when we had 3 amazons. We made sure that each was safe from the other by a gate between the parrots and our Son.
He learned to respect and love our parrots as much as we do.
He was just as tearful when Plumas died in front of him as was I.

I have been laid off from work, had my shift changed multiple times. I have been hospitalized twice. worked our vacations around our parrots best interests.
I have never considered giving them up.

The only thing I can think of that would make me consider it would be if it was for the health of myself or a family member (like sudden and severe allergy).

Skittys_Daddy

Jan 6, 2014
Lewiston, Maine
Parrots
Neotropical Pigeon - "Skittles" (born 3/29/10)
Cockatiel - "Peaches" (1995-2015) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sammy"
(1989-2000) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sandy"
(1987-1989) R.I.P.
I try not to judge peoples decisions regarding their fids, at least when I am discussing them online, unless of course it revolves around mistreatment.

I just can't for the life of me see myself ever not having birds. Even when I was in group homes (where pets were not allowed) they ended up making special arrangements because my birds are the only thing that really allows me to survive day to day with my illnesses. I need them even more than they need me.

lplummer52

Apr 19, 2016
Indialantic, FL
Parrots
"Birdie". Sun Conure
Birdie is very attached to me and my husband. I would say she prefers my husband, but she gives me some attention too. But she is very jealous and very protective with strangers and even our dogs. She has attacked two family members who luckily do not live with us. Since then, we put her in her cage or in the back porch when people come over. You learn to live with these personality quirks. Parrots are very complicated, unlike dogs or cats. The next owner may re-home Grouch again if he doesn't adjust. Just do the best you can by your bird. He depends on you for everything.

YUMgrinder

Mar 20, 2017
Cheyenne, WY
Parrots
-Jazz, Normal Grey Cockatiel /

-Chessie, Pearl Cockatiel /

-Perry, Black capped Conure /

-JoJo, Pineapple GCC /

3 little busy Budgies
Where are you located?

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
I think the OP read our advice and didn't like it, as he only responded back the first day he made the original post and that was it.

"Dance like nobody's watching..."

Most Reactions

Latest posts