Wonderful B&G Needs a Home

OP
LeeKiss

LeeKiss

May 12, 2015
Las Vegas, Nevada
Parrots
"Harley" rehomed Aug 2015 due to my age and health.
Re: Wonderful B&G Needs a Home

Harley with Jennifer....ROAD TRIP! :D

"So what's for lunch?" :blue:
attachment.php

"OK, I get the Mac & Cheese, you get the green beans." :blue:
attachment.php

"...and my favorite...BBQ ribs!":blue:
attachment.php

Yep, Jennifer and Harley are have a great first day on the road. Harley loves to travel on her perch where she has a great view of everything. Sitting in the passenger seat, she's great company for Jennifer.

More updates to follow. Thank you all for the thoughtful posts.

(Sorry about the double photos...)

Attachments

• 20150807_162941[1].jpg
    20150807_162941[1].jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 473
  • 20150807_162916[1].jpg
    20150807_162916[1].jpg
    89 KB · Views: 356
  • 2015080795163924[1].jpg
    2015080795163924[1].jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 444
Last edited:

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
Such awesome photos :) Looks like you've found your person, so great they'll work with you :)

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
What a fantastic happy ending!!!!

Llamadoc

Jun 20, 2015
Thank you to the Parrot Forum for bringing Lee, Jane, Harley & myself together. We have all expanded our family circle & Harley has successfully moved to Nashville TN. Harley has quickly settled into her new environment & is getting exposed to new experiences.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)

We're glad Parrot Forum was able to facilitate this pairing. It's great when a rehoming goes so well on both ends.

Please make sure to share lots of pics as the bond between you and Harley develops!

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
Such awesome news, so happy for you all!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Thank you to the Parrot Forum for bringing Lee, Jane, Harley & myself together. We have all expanded our family circle & Harley has successfully moved to Nashville TN. Harley has quickly settled into her new environment & is getting exposed to new experiences.

So glad y'all made it home safely and that Harley is settling in so quickly to her new home! I sooo love this entire story:)

OP
LeeKiss

LeeKiss

May 12, 2015
Las Vegas, Nevada
Parrots
"Harley" rehomed Aug 2015 due to my age and health.

Everyone was so supportive that I thought I would post another Harley update.

Jennifer continues to be amazing. She sends us wonderful updates which help us emotionally.

This weekend Harley played in a Hazelwood tree while Jennifer harvested a few pounds of nuts. Harley is getting back to nature and their bond continues to grow.

Kudo's again to this forum!

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
Oh wow! I am shedding joyous tears right now. I had not seen this post until just now, I read through every single comment, experiencing the emotional roller coaster with you.

I am sooo happy you found Harleys perfect home!

I have adopted 2 birds in the last couple years. A sun conure and most recently an Amazon. I have kept in touch with and developed strong friendships with both previous owners. Yesterday at the grocery store, I ran into the previous owner of the Amazon I adopted from her. She gave me the biggest hug and thanked me profusely for taking DeRita and giving her such wonderful updates. Warmed my heart...and really enforced in me what a win win a positive parrot adoption can be for all parties involved, including the parrot.

THANK YOU for making such a difficult decision while you had time to make it. You are a true inspiration!

Sending hugs and prayers to you and yours.

Toni

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
See! I'm not the only one with a car seat perch! Mine love it too... And trees!

Absolutely love this stuff!

Last edited:

Notdumasilook

Jul 28, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Parrots
Blue Fronted Amazon, Cookie..Sun Conure..lil Booger (RIP) Have owned Parakeets, lovebirds, cockatiels, cockatoos, pocket parrot, and quakers.
I am terrified of the day I ever have to make this decision...
Myself as well. Very soon I will be in the same position. We don't think it thru when we are young and healthy about the care our flock will need when we start to deteriorate for what ever reason. Ive talked it over with my wife and unless we can find a really great home for BOTH of my birds, when I die and go to hell i'm are leaving my property to a local rescue conditional on them re-homing them together with someone that lets them remain flghted. Its inspirational to read a story like this with a happy outcome.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts