Wondering about an Electus?

Lesa1211

Mar 29, 2012
Pittsurgh PA
Parrots
Kia-Goffin Cockatoo, Paco-Indian Ringneck
Hello, Ive been doing some research. I want to eventually add another parrot to my home. Right now I have a G2(Kia). She's still young (8mo) Im not running out and getting another parrot. I want to make sure I get a suitable one for our home. I was thinking a CAG or an Electus but I would really LOVE an Electus. I think they are beautiful birds. And from what Ive read they are really affectionate. Is it possible for a G2 and an Electus to become playmates if I get a baby Electus and they grow up together? Also Ive read that the Electus likes a quiet enviroment. I have an autistic 6yr old son tat does get a little loud every so often. Would loud noises scare an Electus? Or if I got a baby would they just get used to it. Kia has no problem with it. Maybe because i got her so young she's just used to it. Any advice here would help. I want to make the right decision. Thanks.

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Eclectus are a little shier, and from what I've read about them several children running around all day or dogs who excitedly bark a lot might overwhelm them some. But I don't have a eclectus myself and I know birds are individuals. I wouldn't think one child who sometimes gets loud would really bother him though, except maybe the first few times.

I think they could become playmates, but even if they end up not being safe together they may eventually learn to appreciate each others company when your out of the house.

OP
Lesa1211

Lesa1211

Mar 29, 2012
Pittsurgh PA
Parrots
Thanks, see thats what Im thinking, if I get one young like I did Kia, it would become used to the noises of my house.

QuackQuack

Oct 20, 2011
Midwest USA
Parrots
KITTY: Pineapple Green Cheek Conure (2 year old)
BODE: Nanday Conure (5 years old)
KIWI & BLUE: English Budgerigars (RIP after 10 years)
Eclectus are more shy, but here is a video of an Eclectus and a child playing :D It is a very sweet video that I like to watch on YouTube!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9THI8kBHE8]Pally and Justin playing - YouTube[/ame]

OP
Lesa1211

Lesa1211

Mar 29, 2012
Pittsurgh PA
Parrots
OMG that is probably the cutest thing I have ever seen!

Most Reactions