Woo hoo!! New toys and climbing net!!!

blackhawk007

Jan 23, 2013
Chicago
Parrots
Teka~Red Lored Amazon 20 years old,. . Ruthie ~ 16 year old Ruby Macaw, . .
He is such a lucky boy, nice work.

May I ask where you ordered the net from?? I gave up looking and just minutes ago 450 feet of rope that I ordered arrived so I can make my own.

20130319_180748.jpg

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
haha thanks guy :) I am hanging up the net now, Fargo LOVES it :p i hadnt even hooked one side up and he was already climbing over it hahaha

Blackhawk i must of posted before you posted ;) hehe I got it from ebay in australia, they were the only people in Australia who have it, Birdtalk, 165 dollars..

My safe bird store also has the same one for 165 dollars as well :)

blackhawk007

Jan 23, 2013
Chicago
Parrots
Blackhawk i must of posted before you posted ;) hehe I got it from ebay in australia, they were the only people in Australia who have it, Birdtalk, 165 dollars..

OMG!! I did look at MSBS before, but clearly was failing in my search ability. I do now see it and they have one that is very close to what I wanted. On the bright side I saved a few dollars, but only because I have to spend many hours doing it myself. Lesson learned. Thank you for the info!

One of our local stores has one of these nets. They have it set up in a way that just makes for a classy jungle theme. I really like how it turned out for them. I don't know why they aren't more popular.

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
So this is when it was half tied up, so really loose, but i couldnt get him off it hahaha

fargosnet016_zps50e8500b.jpg

fargosnet011_zps2fd097ad.jpg

fargosnet007_zpsc400a5c6.jpg

fargosnet002_zps2bdf2b51.jpg

and then i finally got it into a bigger hook and then it straightened up more!
fargosnet020_zps33d937a2.jpg

So this is one side of Fargos room :)- he didnt want to be in this photo, was sitting on my shoulder :p
fargosnet025_zpsaa44dca6.jpg

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots

OMG!! I did look at MSBS before, but clearly was failing in my search ability. I do now see it and they have one that is very close to what I wanted. On the bright side I saved a few dollars, but only because I have to spend many hours doing it myself. Lesson learned. Thank you for the info!

One of our local stores has one of these nets. They have it set up in a way that just makes for a classy jungle theme. I really like how it turned out for them. I don't know why they aren't more popular.

My safe bird store actually only got them recently ;) Maybe a month or so ago, so you might of just missed out with timing hahaha They also had rope dangly things at the same time which i wanted to get, but didnt end up ordering from them! :D

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
He came down, gave me a cuddle for a little bit, and now hes back at it, getting more adventurous this time :p

fargonetagain003_zps639c1b8f.jpg

fargonetagain012_zps7c6e5387.jpg

fargonetagain006_zpsde2617a7.jpg

fargonetagain019_zps285075ec.jpg

fargonetagain020_zps35c3e84e.jpg

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
Just a warning I went to make one of these once and I gave up lol, it is very tedious and annoying honestly. I'd rather just buy one in the end I just bought another hanging playgym that my macaws love. If you are determined to spend like 4-5 hours then go for it. Maybe even more sadly, it's why they are so pricey to buy.

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Thanks Justin :D

Yes i thought about making my own, but then the time and effort that would have to be put into it made be just buy it, its much easier to just click 'buy it now' hahaha :p

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
Sounds good, yeah I had a pattern to, maybe it's you know that guy thing about sucking at being craft oriented:p. although I make some pretty cool toys that was not one on my finished list. Have fun and let us know how it turns out:)

-justin

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
See i cant even make toys, i am the least creative person there is, i am good at designing his set up though, but thats about it ;)

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Oh wow his paper toy was a hit, he loves it!
A 10 dollar toy and hes happy :p He just loves destroying that wall, i have tried putting toys and big tree branches, which he destroys in seconds, but finally something has kept him occupied! :D

He started out calm, just rolling it out
fargospapertoy017_zpsf0b0abfe.jpg

then a bit further....
fargospapertoy041_zpsf93cf5a3.jpg

and of course he turns into an acrobat with it :p
fargospapertoy033_zps76a7e7ac.jpg

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
What a great idea !! I dont see too many of those around. :)

haleybird

Mar 1, 2013
california
Parrots
someday very soon a hyacinth! :)
@blackhawk007, where'd you get that 450 ft of rope? (And how much was it?) I got a burst of inspiration....I can make bird toys that double as "modern art pieces" for this sculpture class I have this upcoming quarter.... :D then keep them crated and clean afterwards for when my fid comes.

blackhawk007

Jan 23, 2013
Chicago
Parrots
OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
This net was Abaca rope and not sure of the rope size ! but the one on my safe bird store which also 4 foot by 8 foot with abaca rope said 1" rope :) and the spaces are 7" by 7"

Good luck!!

blackhawk007

Jan 23, 2013
Chicago
Parrots
The Abaca is likely the most appropriate to use if you can get your hands on that stuff.

Most Reactions