wow! has anybody seen these before?

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Yes and they're very very expensive!!!!!!!!!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I saw a pic before of the female. The price list said "call". I'm very curious how much. I'm sure it's so much that it would be the main deterrent for most people. Also, depending on genetics of it, maybe it's really hard to come up with the blue, therefore it's rare also?

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
IF I remember right they were listed somewhere around 15-30,000 range.....

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Never seen this eclectus mutation, but I have seen (pictures of) the yellow and blue mutation amazons and some kind of mutation of the eclectus' where it showed male and female colorations in the same bird. Mutations in animals are almost always prohibitively expensive due to the rarity. They can also have underlying health and mental issues due to damaged/altered genes that cause the mutation in coloration or size, especially if they get a breeding stock of one mutation going due to inbreeding. Think of a lot of small and many purebred dog breeds- all essentially random mutations that have been bred down and inbred over and over due to their desirable size/appearance, and often times come with health and mental issues due to it.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Those are beautiful! But I think my Jolly Green Ekko is just as pretty:)

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
If I pay 15-30,000 for a bird, it better cook, clean, and be able to drive.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
If I pay 15-30,000 for a bird, it better cook, clean, and be able to drive.

HAHAHA! Thank you for the laugh! I so needed that today:):D

BirdSquawk

Aug 21, 2012
Parrots
Jack- 5 year old pacific parrotlet
I love them! I think I would spend that much, they remind me of blue mutation yellow naped amazons, but the eclectus has a very vibrant blue!

OP
C

cgsouljah

Feb 13, 2014
oahu, hawaii
I'm partial to the males but in this case I think the female are stunning.... haha its totally acceptable to mortgage your house for a bird right? >:)

Most Reactions