Wranglers diet

OP
C

coopedup

Apr 8, 2016
CA
Parrots
7y/o eclectus Wrangler
Big weight change this morning. Im not weighing every day but i've gotten 4 weights in the last week. They have been in the low 420's generally but today, before any food, he was a whopping 438. He ate late last night but I guess I should stop worrying that he's underweight. Surprised though at the big swings, I always weigh before he eats in the morning

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Sorry I'm a bit late with this reply. Things have been rather hectic on my end. But big weight swings happen here and there with my guys as well. (Of course, a big downward trend in weight is much more alarming than an upswing.) Most times, it can be traced back to they type of meal from the night before. For instance, if I feed them oatmeal the night before I know that their morning weights will be off from the regular average by as much as 10-15 grams. A hefty serving of Soak and Simmer will have a significant effect as well.

But yeah, looks like you can cross any underweight concerns off your list. Lol!

Most Reactions