Yep

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Biloxi, MS
Parrots
Sun Cponure
Hi my name on here is Butch and I have a 14 month old Sun Conure I've had since he was almost two months old. His name is Oby. He talks and loves to join me in the shower where he takes his. Most of the time when I'm home he stays out of his cage and his wings are not clipped. For the past couple weeks he has developed a habit of chewing on wood that is not in his cage. I've usually every spray I've been told and even used hot sauce. How do I get him to stop chewing?

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Hello and welcome to you and Ody!

To get him to stop chewing wood that is not his toys....you closely supervise him and provide him with other things to chew and play with! :) Perhaps find a way to cover the surfaces he is trying to get at with a towel or blanket and move him somewhere else. It would help if he had a separate platystand area outside of his cage that he can sit on and chew on.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Yep! Supervision or shielding is all that works, as far as I know. By the way, parrots LOVE hot peppers and hot saue... the popular wisdom is that they have great vision and hearing, but lame smell and taste, so they can taste the hot stuff, and usually like that!

Know what? The Rbird once had a friend (a dog) named Oby. Or maybe Obi. He still says "Hello, Oby", but not often. I'll try to get a vid!

Most Reactions

Latest posts