Yes another bird....

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I don't take anyone super serious when they tell me they're bringing me a bird. He just called and is on his way with a Lovebird. Looks like a Violet Black Masked Lovebird from the picture. I'll take some pictures when I get home. I haven't dealt with Lovebirds in years....we'll see how this goes....

lisascannell

Sep 1, 2013
South Australia
Parrots
2 Lovebirds, 5 cockatiels, finch, budgie, Indian Ringneck
Lovebirds are very entertaining! I've got two and we call them the "spidermonkeys" because they are partners in crime and crawl everywhere getting up to mischief.
They were pretty nippy with the other birds but have stopped that now. The budgie has befriended them :)

Caesar

Oct 26, 2013
Media
Yeah Mikey im the same around here.
I just think Meh another bird!!!....
I cant help it though I have this thing in my head and I go to the pet store to look for toys etc. and end up bringing home another bird..LOL:green2:

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
Sugar the Blue Crown Conure♂, Merlin the Camelot Macaw♂
Cool congrats cant wait for pics! lovies are the best i love the masked ones!!!

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Here he is...sorry for the dust on the cage, this was kinda unexpected....

20131228_224025_zpsrqhhzvw6.jpg

20131228_230210_zpskcbxcf9j.jpg

Wings

Jun 14, 2013
Ohio
Parrots
Budgie, "Julie"
Beautiful! I love when any lovebird has any sort of blue in them. I just like birds with blue in them period....but then again i'm a bit biased :p

Maria_Metropolis

Nov 12, 2013
Parrots
White Face Cinnamon Pearl Pied Cockatiel - "Muffin"

Hatch Date: October 4th, 2013
RIP July 4, 2014
OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Yeah he's nice. What a sweetie pie! Are you going to let him fly around the house?

He seems to be very nice! I'll give it a try to see how he does. I was expecting to get bit when I was getting him out of the cardboard box but he just step right up my fingers. Then I released him into his cage, he ate then went to the swing. He's chirping a bit right now. He can't be out right now cause I have my baby tiels on me, they're preening my hair.....

lisascannell

Sep 1, 2013
South Australia
Parrots
LOL you're just saying that to tease me aren't you Mikey?? I'd love all those baby cockatiels on me :) I don't think I'll ever have babies :(

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
I socialize the babies quite a bit when they wean, I usually have babies on my shoulder while on the computer. Unless they want to be nosey and get on the keyboard. Or chewing up paper and stuff on the desk. Babies are fun, but a lot of work. It's a daily thing. Good thing I love'em. I'm not looking forward to have 8 babies on me though, that would be a hassle....I like to keep the amount small so I get to spend quality time training them one by one. But unfortunately two pairs are going at it at the same time and it would be another 8 babies again by end of next month....:eek:

lisascannell

Sep 1, 2013
South Australia
Parrots
They love keyboard keys and paper. Rocky pulls keys right off, in a matter of seconds! He looks so cute when he's naughty...I know that's bad...but as soon as my husband says "no" he listens to him. He doesn't listen to me. He started chewing the coffee table and I'm like "how cute" and my husband said no and he stopped straight away :)

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
They're NOT pulling the keys out of my wireless keyboard!!!! This thing would cost a pretty penny to replace....lol.....I don't allow them to get on the keyboard or even peck at it....

lisascannell

Sep 1, 2013
South Australia
Parrots
Lol yeah I know Mikey..I don't let him do it, but it takes him a millsecond to jump from my shoulder and then he has a key in his mouth :( He really needs some discipline lol

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
I know what you mean, when they're determined to get to something they will kept at it until they get what they want. These two babies haven't started that yet but we'll see....lol

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
He's beautiful Mike! Does he have a name yet?

Most Reactions