Your advice please: Giving antibiotic injections to fid.

OP
WannaBeAParrot

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
UPDATE: Injection #2 today -- smoothly (for me). I think we'll get through this okay.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Thankfully, I haven't had to do flushes more than once per day, but my bourke is getting tired of them! Well, she doesn't like the supplements either.

Glad injection #2 went fine!

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Woo, keep it up. Glad they're going okay.

A little bit of stress won't kill him as long as he gets extra tlc after ;)

OP
WannaBeAParrot

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
@monica -- i hope i never have to do the flushes. they take longer than the injection for sure, so i imagine it is more of a problem to get the birdies to cooperate.

@mayden -- what about me -- the stress might won't kill him, but i'm the one stressing out before and after -- he doesn't know it's gonna happen til.... BOOM. lol

@grey --- well, i gave the photo PG13 rating because there were no private parts sticking showing except male bird boobs, haha.

@sandy -- thanks for the cheers.

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
@monica -- i hope i never have to do the flushes. they take longer than the injection for sure, so i imagine it is more of a problem to get the birdies to cooperate.

@mayden -- what about me -- the stress might won't kill him, but i'm the one stressing out before and after -- he doesn't know it's gonna happen til.... BOOM. lol

@grey --- well, i gave the photo PG13 rating because there were no private parts sticking showing except male bird boobs, haha.

@sandy -- thanks for the cheers.

Well lets face it, YOUR not the important one in this relationship are you!? :p

Good luck with shot 3!

Most Reactions