Your Birds Favorite Fruits & Veges

MrsKay

Jun 23, 2014
Media
Southern California
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Larry)
Canary (Norman)
I've only had Larry for a couple of weeks (he is a green cheek conure) and I thought his favorite fruit was grapes. I was wrong! He went NUTZ for cherries. I gave him a bing cherry and he went wild for it. It was extremely juicy and he made a mess but it was worth it watching him enjoy it so much.
I believe his favorite vegetable is Kale (so far)
He likes broccoli too ;)
I have given him fresh corn on the cob a couple of times and he spits it up within a few minutes of eating it, so he will only get what corn is dehydrated in his mix.

Phlox

Jun 16, 2014
Phlox's favorite fruit or veggie is whatever you are having.

She's a stinker like that.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I'd LOVE if mine ate kale. You're lucky he loves it... Kale and broccoli alone is packed with vitamins! I tried kale for the first time and they just push it aside.

It depends on the day what they want and what they waste. Seems like yams or red bell pepper, or those small red, orange, yellow sweet peppers are a favorite almost always for Raven and Griffin. I often have various squash, broccoli, and snap peas. Robin mainly likes yams and carrots. Sometimes peas. I don't often give corn, but I'm sure that's all they'd eat if I did.

Edit: they actually all LOVE pellets much better. Any kind. Raven and Griffin even love it more than seed!

Last edited:

Frumpydumple

Apr 21, 2013
Durham, UK.
Parrots
My birds: Skyler/Sky, violet Indian Ringneck. Mother's birds: Norman, African Grey and Mildred, Blue Crowned Conure.
Cookie likes apple, grapes and kiwi seeds. She isn't a big fan of vegetables, but she likes peas and sweetcorn best, but she eats a bit of broccoli and carrot sometimes.

I think Erik likes banana. He doesn't seem to eat vegetables.

And Merle likes grapes. Not sure what his favorite vegetables are. He likes sweetcorn, peas and stuff though.

hacatta

Dec 22, 2013
Parrots
i got 1 green cheek cinnamon,a rose crowned,a yellow sided and a hybride from the first 2

Kiva
Fury
Pixel
Hope
pomegranate is a real favorite here,not to mention the gooseberry's from my garden,i am now dehydrating a few kilos for them.
as for veggies carrot ,peppers stay their favorite.
But they will eat everything.

JellyBean

May 19, 2014
Limerick, Ireland
Parrots
Green Cheeked Conure called JellyBean
Jellybean is very picky... had trouble getting him to eat veg until another member of the forum suggested chopping it with a food processor and putting his favourite fruits in with the veg - which are grapes and raspberries - worked like a charm! He loves his veg/fruit mix.. Finding it very difficult to get him to eat pellets...

Ducatimom

Jun 10, 2014
Media
Colorado Springs, CO
Parrots
6 yr old Sun Conure (Ducati)
We're still trying new things with Ducati. He came to me only eating seed and the only produce he liked was apples. Now he dives into his chop mix which has red bell pepper, broccoli, and cilantro. He also really loves bananas now! He'll still try the new stuff if I hand feed it to him but most of the time he spits it out. Imagine my surprise when after offering him a piece of my banana twice he actually ate it. Now anytime he sees me getting a banana we have to share.

Mimsy01

Jul 7, 2014
Parrots
GCC-Foofany
European Starling-Zeki
BCC-Ellie House Sparrow-Napolean Parakeet-Bean
Foofanny is very picky, however all berries are considered yummy. She will nibble on other veggies and fruit if we are eating it and she can "share". Which means sit on your shoulder rip off a hunk and then fling most of it all over.

dmallia

Jul 29, 2011
Zurrieq, Malta
Parrots
"Ricky" Green Cheek Conure
Ricky loves carrots, green and red peppers, apples and bananas. He goes crazy for oranges(feed once a week) and melons. He's only 14 weeks old and till now I only gave him the fruit/veggies above. I'm trying to increase a fruit/veggie every week.

Superxdude

Jul 31, 2013
South Korea
Parrots
Chopper - Sun Conure
chopper likes apples, pears, and romaine lettuce, shredded into little strips (so he doesnt waste a whole leaf)

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
Oh, I would be so happy if my birds ate ANY vegetables! :( They barely eat the fruit (probably blueberry and strawberry are the best), but they always chew a *** out of pineapple "flower" (not even touching the pineapple itself!) or fresh tree branches, especially linden tree with flowers. :D

D

dolphin3212

Mango my cinnamon conure absolutely LOVES a big fresh strawberry

bettietheripper

May 3, 2014
Media
SoCal
Parrots
Sun Conure (Pipa), hatched 12/31/13
Pipa loooooves grapes. She started off loving papaya and now does not care for it. She did not care for apples and now she loves them. She also loves cherries as well, but dislikes honeydew melon and bananas.

Meldara

Feb 17, 2014
Arkansas
Parrots
Two green cheek conures Fruitloop and Hedwig and two budgies Baka and Pocky.
Petri's favorite is broccoli and sugar snaps Tiki's are blueberries./ Hotrod likes what ever she can take from one of the others and isaacs is peas. And the universal is the mulberries i get from our tree in the summer. Chop goes over really well here too. Tiki used to be a fuss bucket about not eating the actual veggies until i started making that. Now she starts making fussy noises when ever the bowl runs out.

Maineiacjay

Nov 11, 2013
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
Hahns Macaw (Berlin), Sun Conure (Skittles), RIP Connor (Black Cap Conure)
neither of my birds are very keen on fruits and veggies. ive tried everything, even feeling like a nut job sitting in front of them eating all these fruits and veggies making "mmmmmmmm" sounds lol. they dont even try it. anyone have any suggestions?

Most Reactions

Latest posts