Zebra finch babies

sammmy

May 7, 2014
Canada
Parrots
1 Cinnamon Conure
Hatched November 26, 2013
So I adopted a female zebra finch back in January because she had a hole in her beak, with a little love and a little extra calcium we fixed her right up. My dad decided she may be lonely and bought her a partner the first week of February and they instantly became best friends and now apparently mates.

I named them Princess Zelda and Link. I enjoy hearing their playful chatter and peeping all through the day and even got to experience the fun mating call (and the dance to follow) quite a few times. I've thrown out many infertile eggs over the past few months but when I went to clean their cage last sunday (06/15/2014) I noticed the eggs in the nest looked quite different then the ones I've seen before, So I held a flash light under them and saw they were indeed baby birds in there! I was so excited but did not expect that they had been in there for as long as they had. I came home from work today (06/20/2014) and heard a lovely little soft peeping. I peeked in the nest and noticed 3 little fuzzy but ugly (yet still adorable) little finches. I was SO excited but didn't see them moving. I watched for a while when suddenly all three babies starting peeping again and opening their mouths really really wide and momma finch began feeding them. It was so wonderful!!! I thought I would share, and I will continue to post stories of their progress!

This is Princess Zelda and Link:

This is the eggs when I found them June 15th:

And finally, these are my sweet babies!!!!!! (I apologize for the phone case in the way, I didn't want to bug them for too long so I just snapped a quick picture)

Most Reactions

Latest posts