Rock pebbler/regent parakeet! *pics*

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
So it's to my understanding they are rather hard to come by in the states, especially considering I find ZERO results for them on bird breeders . Com. (Was looking out of curiosity.)
But we have had the joy of spending time with this lovely lady a couple times this week while visiting various bird shops, and she's wonderful! I know it's only one bird but if all rock pebblers are anything like her I would HIGHLY suggest one as a companion. Takes scratches, very playful, will talk your ear off al day!!! (In birdy talk). I love the colors too, so beautiful. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403323163.590788.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403323174.121417.jpg

Freespin

Nov 28, 2013
Waikato New Zealand
Parrots
Male senegal - Stephen. Previously Barry - Male Barraband
Nelson - Male Eclectus
Oh wow I didn't realize they were that big. Have seen the name around over here. Might have to keep an eye out for them!

OP
Sterling1113

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
LOL she's a little fatty!!! It's so funny how the grass parakeets are built compared to the stocky parrots I'm used to. I love her waddles. And her feet are so big! She has SO MUCH SASS but she's very polite with her beak, even when she's excited hehe. :)

Freespin

Nov 28, 2013
Waikato New Zealand
Parrots
Nelson - Male Eclectus
Yea I visited my friends barrabands last weekend and only now do I realize how funny they look! Teeny little heads, especially now compared to my sennie. It's funny, I never really noticed when I had Barry!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Oh wow I didn't realize they were that big. Have seen the name around over here. Might have to keep an eye out for them!

You know they're related to Barrabands... :) also my mom's Princess of Wales. I've seen a couple before and they are bigger than Barrabands or Princess.

The males are pretty too with a more mustard yellow.

All three Polytelis species are seen more as aviary birds in the US instead of pets.

Freespin

Nov 28, 2013
Waikato New Zealand
Parrots
Nelson - Male Eclectus
All three Polytelis species are seen more as aviary birds in the US instead of pets.
Yea i heard that a lot when i got Barry (from people who had never had them as pets!!) but he was such an awesome little bird!! Great beginner birds and i just cant understand why they aren't more popular! He was such an easy little bird.

ashgate

Jun 21, 2014
Illinois
I am in Illinois and have been searching for Rock Pebbler for some time, Let me know where the one you mentioned is located and if anyone else knows of one looking for a forever home :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
They are such cool birds! I have a friend who breeds them:)

OP
Sterling1113

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
Oh wow! I've never even seen those before! Beautiful!
I love the picture where she's being held. Her head all tilted like... sup...
lol

LOL yeah she definitely had quite the personality.. and just like last time, after we were done playing, she went right up to her perch to take a nap. :eek: I'm not sure if anyone else plays with her so I'm glad we're able to keep her somewhat socialized and exercised! :p

Most Reactions

Latest posts