Sep 26, 2015
Parrots
GGC: Foofanny ~
BCC: Ellie ~
Parakeet: Bean ~
Starling: Zeki ~
Sparrow: Napoleon
Mimsy said I should post this here.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7b1jS3TWO8"]Talking Starling - YouTube[/ame]

A video I took of Zeki this morning, he's been learning a lot very fast! He says
"Zeki is such a pretty bird!" A LOT
"Zeki/you're so cute!" Interchanges, he only says it garbled a couple times in the video.
Lots of smoochy sounds! I have another video of him talking from yesterday, but this one is much better quality. As a 13 week old, though. That is pretty impressive. :) He still has baby feathers all over his head!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Aw so cute! I love hearing about Zeki. His new colors are coming in fast. I'm sure he'll be saying tons more in no time!

Mimsy01

Jul 7, 2014
Parrots
GCC-Foofany
European Starling-Zeki
BCC-Ellie House Sparrow-Napolean Parakeet-Bean
Lol he's such a chatter box. He pretty much goes all day from the time he wakes up till bedtime. I hope he has lots more to say. He seems to favor sentences to go with his vanity. He ignores any naughty birds or no's that he hears all the time. :)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
How sweet! No confidence issues for Zekie, he knows how pretty he is. It's a treat to hear a starling talk, thanks for sharing.

Mimsy01

Jul 7, 2014
Parrots
GCC-Foofany
European Starling-Zeki
Here is a new video of Zeki that my daughter took.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_x_pkImKtk&feature=youtu.be"]Pet Starling Talking (Zeki learned more words) - YouTube[/ame]

Mimsy01

Jul 7, 2014
Parrots
GCC-Foofany
European Starling-Zeki
Our neighbor found him when he was just a baby on his porch and brought him over to us.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Wow! Very impressive vocabulary! He's adorable and getting so handsome and grown up. He has such a sweet voice. Wonderful update!

Mimsy01

Jul 7, 2014
Parrots
GCC-Foofany
European Starling-Zeki
He's got one of the more high pitched voices for a starling. It's a very sweet and cute little voice I have to say.

He also is starting to eat on his own! He should of been fully weaned at 14 weeks and he's currently about 24 weeks. Little devil.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I'm glad he has started eating on his own :). Finally! I remember it was a concern for you.

Most Reactions

Latest posts