Zinc

voxiquassi

Dec 28, 2011
Melbourne
Parrots
Blue Quaker - Miko
Cinnamon Connure - Clawed
My Qaker parrot loves to chew on the bars of his cage.
I am looking for a 'travel cage' by which I mean something I can bring with me traveling and set up easily to keep my parrots in. ie. when I go to my parents place I cannot pack up my big powder coated cage every time.
Apparently, I ask to much. I cannot find one that is collapsible and that doesn't have that plastic coating that my parrots will eat or zinc in the coating which will poison my birds... does anyone know of anyone who makes stainless steel travel cages?

Quilly

Dec 27, 2011
Queensland Australia
Parrots
Quaker, Cockatiels, various others as a wildlife carer
There is also a stainless steel set up that is collapsible and stacks - I'm trying to find a link to them and will post it if I find it! :)

Let me know if you like one and are having trouble finding it! I hope you and your Quaker have fun in your travels.

ps I haven't used the clear versions or the backpacks but would be interested in some feedback if anyone else has.

Attachments

• Quilly.jpg
    Quilly.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 79
Last edited by a moderator:

logansmith

Dec 28, 2011
Right now, I am looking for a 'travel cage' by which I mean something I can bring with me traveling and set up easily to keep my parrots in.I cannot pack up my big powder coated cage every time.so want it so fast.

Quilly

Dec 27, 2011
Queensland Australia
Parrots
Quaker, Cockatiels, various others as a wildlife carer
I have a large cage I use for rescues of tawny frog mouths etc which folds down with a handle on the side to carry it when flat. The under tray etc folds into it for transport or in my case storage when I'm not using it. If that is the sort of thing you are looking for I can look back and work out where I got it from?

I'll also send you a link to folding stainless steel cages in Australia.

Many normal cages come as flat packs and can be taken back down but can be a little painful! :)

Last edited:

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
Why not just get something like a cockatiel cage? Sure it would be kind of small, but if you're just using it for a short period of time it should be fine. They pop off of the plastic base and the the actual cage itself folds flat.

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
I'm looking like something what you're talking about too! I want a relatively large cage I can set up in a hotel room or at somebody's house, so I can leave him for a few hours if I want to go somewhere that's not bird friendly, without feeling guilty.

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts