Zoe's new digs

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
So sad. And scary for anyone with a BTM. Wow.

OP
thekarens

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
Well, she was still in there when I got home. I'm not convinced that she isn't luring me into a false sense of security ☺

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Ahhhhhhhh! The trademark afro. I melt every time she displays it! Hahaha! How often does she do that?

OP
thekarens

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
Ahhhhhhhh! The trademark afro. I melt every time she displays it! Hahaha! How often does she do that?

About every 10 seconds, sometimes more often :D

That's a joke, but seriously, ALL THE TIME! All you have to do is look at her or talk to her and up come the feathers.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots

That's a joke, but seriously, ALL THE TIME! All you have to do is look at her or talk to her and up come the feathers.
Ah, continuous melting, then. If ever we meet, I'll be a perpetual puddle!

OP
thekarens

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013

Ah, continuous melting, then. If ever we meet, I'll be a perpetual puddle!

Some days I think she needs a vacation to uncle Stephen's ☺

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
...Some days I think she needs a vacation to uncle Stephen's ☺

Hahaha! Good luck getting her back! "That one? No, that's not Zoe! That's another one of my ekkies. A REALLY big one. What? They do too come in blue and gold! All the time! They do!" Hahaha!

OP
thekarens

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
Well, the terror took the front door off yesterday. Karen put it back on and I gave her the evil eye. She wasn't scared [emoji849]

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Well, the terror took the front door off yesterday. Karen put it back on and I gave her the evil eye. She wasn't scared [emoji849]

What in the heck??!!! :eek:. Incredible, those BTM. I guess a padlock would be the only answer! So when she escapes while you two are at work, what is she doing? At least she doesn't get to your woodwork or anything valuable?? Yet??

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Hahaha! Padlock, Lady Jules? Unless I'm misunderstanding our dear K1, Zoe removed the entire door! Latch and all!

Time for the welding torch! Hahaha!

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Wow! That cage is beautiful!!!! Zoe is sooooo lucky! I wish all pet Macaws had this cage or a cage this size!!!

OP
thekarens

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
She did it from the outside of the cage. So far she hasn't done it from the inside. When she's gotten out in the past she lets all the other birds out, takes their cages apart, eats their food, takes down their toys and squeals in joy.

OP
thekarens

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
Hahaha! Padlock, Lady Jules? Unless I'm misunderstanding our dear K1, Zoe removed the entire door! Latch and all!

Time for the welding torch! Hahaha!

You are correct. The door was on the floor.

OP
thekarens

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
We've decided when she's out the door will remain closed so she doesn't do it at again. Normally I'd leave it open so she could go in for food, water etc.

Most Reactions

Latest posts