2 new little guys.

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
Oh Peta, good for you to have taken them in.:) I feel for the poor little fellas, they are such tiny birdies, i can just imagine what state they are in. But as all others have said, they are in capable, loving hands now and im sure they will make it and push through. It makes me so angry, i found many wounded budgies in other peoples cages before, and my mom wouldnt let me take them home, i used to cry for hours about it.

Also, come to think of it, when their all better they might just probably join the rest in the outside aviary one day!:D I like Bonnie and Clyde, they would def not go without a fight!:)

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Bonnie and Clyde really do suit them to a T. They are real fighters, been fighting all the way along, I'm just willing that fighting spirit to stay with them.

And yeah, the best possible scenario is that one day they will be able to join the rest of the crew in the aviary. :D Wouldn't that just be great.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Aw...well can we name the next ones mac n cheese? maybe if they're yellow? ppplleeeeaaaasssseeeee? ;)

:D :D I promise to name my next two "mac n cheese" hows that. :D

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
I hope that there isn't another two like these ... Bonnie and Clyde work very well ... I third (or is it fourth or fifth) that motion ..

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
Thanks Tex, making it look like I hope more sick and neglected parakeets show up. I might dislike my bird sometimes, but that doesn't mean I wish bad things on other birds ;)

Maybe she'll get non-sick ones that just need a home...THEN I want them to be mac n cheese...and quite frankly Tex, I am appalled that you don't second that.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
You can be appalled all you want ... but all I was saying is that I hope that Peta doesn't have another experience like this one again, I was far from pointing any fingers (or in your case, Minzer, "bloody stumps") at anyone ... it's always funny how those who feel the guiltiest always speak up! :18: :D

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
HEY what about Razzle and Dazzle lol

actually never mind Bonnie and Clyde are good. :)

and Tex how come you hate Mac n Cheese so much!?

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
I don't hate mac-n-cheese at all, in fact it really is quite the opposite ... I love mac 'n cheese ... I make a pretty mean batch of homemade mac 'n cheese ... Meghan they are just picking on me ... and I am growing very used to it.

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
(or in your case, Minzer, "bloody stumps")

Meghan they are just picking on me ... and I am growing very used to it.

Well I never! Looks to me like you're not a victim Tex, you bring everything on your little ol' self! :D And that right up there is just one piece of evidence. So Meghan, don't be fooled into feeling sorry for him!

And if you loved mac n cheese as much as you claim, you would like those names for the birdies too :p

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
So Meghan, don't be fooled into feeling sorry for him!
:p

LOL Oh i dont... haha...... I did feel sorreya but that was when i thuaght he didn't like mac n cheese, and i felt sorrey for him because he was missing out on a lot of the magical creamy yellow goodness!(mac n cheese).. but then when he said he does like it.... my synpathy is gone.. since he does have magical creamy yellow goodness!

:D

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Oh Tex, they really are ganging up on ya,

I really did need the laugh today tho', the outlook is bleak I'm afraid. I woke up every half hour to get a little bit of food into them, but the amount they are taking is not enough to sustain them. (As bonnie and clyde seem so popular, I'll call them that for now) Bonnie is now starting to take a little more and is being fed every hour, Clyde tho' its every half hour. This morning I have called my vet, who will be here in a little while, I'll let you guys know what he says after he has been. I feel so out of my depth here and want to do what is best for these two. I'll be back later.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Right the vet has just been, and after spending most of the morning giving it serious thoughts on the best thing for these two I have decided to let my vet take them with him. They will be in the best possible place, he has all the equipment that you could possibly wish for.

The outcome is heartbreaking but he really doesn't think that the male is going to survive, but he is going to do everything he can, he is going to run some tests on them and get in touch with me later on this evening. The great thing is that he is prepared to do any and all of these birds treatments for free, for the rest of their lives, How wonderful is that. :smile015: So I have told him that he can be a part owner.

I explained about the all of us here, (he is not a Forum fan, as he has seen a lot of bad info being given out) he has looked at our one, and thinks its the best Forum he has ever seen.
dance.gif
I'm trying to get him to join us, how cool would that be our very own Vet on board. :D

I'll keep you informed as to their progress.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
What a very kind gesture on the part of you vet ... wish I lived closer, those are the kind of actions that would make me use his services instead of someone else's.

Oh, I hope that Clyde makes it (funny thing, Clyde is actually the name of one of my very good friends ... so I am really pulling for this little birdie), and these birdies are now in the best possible place that they can be. I guess the only consolation is if these birdies don't make it under direct vet supervision ... well, they weren't going to make it any where else, no matter what valiant effort was made ...

NOW, point me to the little so-and-so who kept their birdies in this fashion ... :mad::mad::mad:

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
I'm glad that you have such a compassionate vet , Peta, that's really great. I'm sorry that Clyde's not looking too good, but I'll keep thinking good things for both of them...

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I am so lucky to have my Vet, I wouldn't use anyone else, he is so passionate about birds, and animals in general.

I would really like to know who left them birds, and go round there, for two reasons,
#1 Check to see if they had any other birds

#2 Just to punch them so hard.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Have heard from the Vet,

Clyde passed away about an hour ago. He has managed to get some food into Bonnie, I'll keep you all updated on how she is doing.

Most Reactions