3,000 dollars for a 1 year old basically for an adoption on a blue throat macaw.

Cas27

Jul 27, 2017
NewJersey
Parrots
Blue and gold macaw,green wing Macaw,goffins cockatoo,Congo African grey
The bird store I deal with had someone bring in a 1 year old blue throat macaw I’ve been fighting the urge too buy him but 3 grand for a supposed one year old bird. What do y’all think about blue throats?
I did some research on them their very rare which I’m sure y’all know but they don’t talk looks like a small B&G he let me hold him know problem but the money is high.

bigfellasdad

Sep 21, 2017
Media
NorthWest England
Parrots
Enzo - adopted Female CAG circa 2004. A truly amazing young lady!
with only 350-400 remaining in the wild, maybe as a forum we all chip in and see if we can get somebody who knows what they are doing breeding them

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
In my opinion I don't think that price is out of line.
I have seen a regular Blue & gold for $2000.

My CAG that I bought as a rescue was also $2000.
She was in very bad shape but I could not leave her in the pet shop for months and months looking worse and worse. I think a more normal price for a CAG in GOOD shape is around $1500. I had help from a close family member to save this poor bird.

texsize

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
That’s a great price if that’s what you are wondering, but don’t get one unless you know that’s a bird you would seek out in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C

Cas27

Jul 27, 2017
NewJersey
Parrots
Blue and gold macaw,green wing Macaw,goffins cockatoo,Congo African grey
The Blue Throat at our pet store was closer to $4k.
BTW - mine does say "hello."
How are their personality’s is it anything like a B&G?

Most Reactions

Latest posts