Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Yes, they do.
The Sepik Lorikeet, AKA the Josephine's Lorikeet lives in Papua New Guinea (I admit, it's not Indonesia. But it's close). The scientific name is Chamosyna josefinae.
Banded Lory is another name for a Dusky Lory.
I wrote an article about Josephine's lorikeet and to be honest I've never heard about other names. You had written before "sepik lory" and after first searching it didn't give any results (I notice people all the time mistake "lory" and "lorikeet" - this makes difference in the species names). After googling "sepik lorikeet" - yeah, I found that there's such subspecies

Dusky lory had been suggested before you.

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
large/medium, green, red, Mexico, endangered

Inko-ai

Oct 11, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Budgies - Sprite & Marshmallow
I wrote an article about Josephine's lorikeet and to be honest I've never heard about other names. You had written before "sepik lory" and after first searching it didn't give any results (I notice people all the time mistake "lory" and "lorikeet" - this makes difference in the species names). After googling "sepik lorikeet" - yeah, I found that there's such subspecies
Yes, I know I wrote lory instead of lorikeet. I thought it was a lory, but after looking it up, I saw that I was wrong about that.

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
I don't see any sense of adding "wing" in the name... just "cinnamon" is enough

Most Reactions

Latest posts