Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
I know that some here know about the resources and visibility that 911 Parrot Alert has provided to those who have lost or found a bird. It is a world-wide network that helps to reconnect parrots with their people. There is a website in addition to a Facebook group that has more than 40,000 members, giving wide visibility to lost birds.

The Facebook group was archived a few months ago, due to a lack of volunteers to maintain the posts.

They are now looking for volunteers who are willing to spend a bit of their time on Facebook to help out lost birds and worried parronts. They do train volunteers (I’m currently practicing posting myself - a bit rusty in my facebook skills, sigh). If enough volunteers are available, they’ll reactivate the group as a global resource.

I wanted to reach out in this group, to see if anyone has some time that they are willing to contribute to a worthy effort.....Feel free to pm me if you have questions or reach out directly to the admins on the Facebook group “911 Parrot Alert (Official)”.

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Sadly, I have a long standing aversion to Face Book and have never been part of that group. If the 911 group elects to be on a platform that is safer I would have an interest.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
FB has deserved bad rep for cattiness and petulant arguments, however private or purposeful public service pages far better in my experience. I rarely look at my "wall" but participate in special-interest pages with like-minded folks.

OP
Jen5200

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Totally understand that many people have an aversion to FB - I have a love/hate relationship with it myself and mostly keep to groups :).

But I also know that Facebook is a forum that gets a lot of exposure and views to create the visibility that is essential when a bird is lost. Thankfully the 911 FB group is very focused and not generally subject to the drama found in other areas of social media.

Personally, I have little care for the rest of Facebook and how it works - as long as the word and picture get out and shared broadly, to ensure as many people as possible are aware of a missing bird. Posts get shared by other members to local missing pet groups, friends, neighborhoods, etc - and reach audiences that would never be touched using when only using lost posters and single purpose message boards. I’ve used this particular FB group many times in searches for missing birds and locating owners of found birds, and it does work.

I do hope that there end up being enough volunteers to revive the service - but we shall see! :).

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Totally understand that many people have an aversion to FB - I have a love/hate relationship with it myself and mostly keep to groups :).

But I also know that Facebook is a forum that gets a lot of exposure and views to create the visibility that is essential when a bird is lost. Thankfully the 911 FB group is very focused and not generally subject to the drama found in other areas of social media.

Personally, I have little care for the rest of Facebook and how it works - as long as the word and picture get out and shared broadly, to ensure as many people as possible are aware of a missing bird. Posts get shared by other members to local missing pet groups, friends, neighborhoods, etc - and reach audiences that would never be touched using when only using lost posters and single purpose message boards. I’ve used this particular FB group many times in searches for missing birds and locating owners of found birds, and it does work.

I do hope that there end up being enough volunteers to revive the service - but we shall see! :).

Thank you for sharing . Parrot 911 alert is a huge help to people who have lost a parrot!!!!
Its a central location people can post, abd people who find a parrot can post.

This is so important because your parrot may be 1 town over, or if you live on the Stateline like me.

It keep the lost parrot active. And people have been reunited months and even years later.

As a mom to a lost blue quaker from north east Florida, lost in June. Who desperately wants him back!!! Parrot 911 is so important.

Please anyone who can volunteer, I hope you step forward!!!

Parrot 911 is so valuable in reuniting parrots abd owners!!

soozannah

Apr 9, 2021
Burbank, CA; inherited my family home in 2015
Parrots
4 cockatiels that have produced 4 more; 16 or more budgies, 1 rosy bourke, a pair of parrotlets, an orange-wing Amazon named Scoobie and my baby, a male Eclectus name of Solly.
I have some time. Tell me what is needed, where to go, how to register for training, etc. Parrot 911 has helped me many times in the past and I'd like to give back.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
I can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Latest posts