Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
She absolutely couldn't be more precious! For some reason she reminds me of my Suka, who is a Laughing Thrush, maybe because Suka has the same cage. (You may be able to tell by the shadows..lol)

3501-57090ffc21c095a3b35ddc9aa7f78604.jpg

OP
zERo

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
She absolutely couldn't be more precious! For some reason she reminds me of my Suka, who is a Laughing Thrush, maybe because Suka has the same cage. (You may be able to tell by the shadows..lol)

3501-57090ffc21c095a3b35ddc9aa7f78604.jpg
OoOoo pretty! What species of laughing thrush is she?
I canā€™t tell if itā€™s the same cage, I wish I wouldā€™ve bought the Prevue Hendrix but I was being cheap so got the Yaheetech from Amazon :/

OP
zERo

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I have house sparrows that nest every winter in the edges of a patio awning. I always think of Milly when I see them :)
Itā€™s so surreal seeing wild sparrows and hearing them chirp! She can be pretty loud for a little bird, she chirps in the morning for mealworms! Lol

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
OoOoo pretty! What species of laughing thrush is she?
I canā€™t tell if itā€™s the same cage, I wish I wouldā€™ve bought the Prevue Hendrix but I was being cheap so got the Yaheetech from Amazon :/
She's a Melodious Laughing Thrush, AKA as a Chinese hwamei:)
Ours is a Prevue, I bet there isn't much difference in them at all.

OP
zERo

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
She's a Melodious Laughing Thrush, AKA as a Chinese hwamei:)
Ours is a Prevue, I bet there isn't much difference in them at all.
How tame is she?

Edit: I listened to their sounds on YouTube, so pleasant šŸ˜

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
How tame is she?

Edit: I listened to their sounds on YouTube, so pleasant šŸ˜
As she's gotten older she is less scared of us. In fact, when I change her waters she hops over and sits on my finger:)
It hurts to watch see slow down, she stayed on the bottom of her cage most of the time anyway, but now she never leaves it. I was told that she was three when we got her, but the guy we got her from also told me the two Rosey Bourke's we got from him were babies, but their bands said they were both six years old:(

If we could believe that she is three then that makes her around twelve now. Unfortunately, I've been unable to find what their expected lifespan is in captivity so I worry all the time about her.

Please accept my apologies, I didn't mean to hijack your thread!
Here's a link to her thread so I won't distract any more from Milly:)

Masuka's story

Last edited:
OP
zERo

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
As she's gotten older she is less scared of us. In fact, when I change her waters she hops over and sits on my finger:)
It hurts to watch see slow down, she stayed on the bottom of her cage most of the time anyway, but now she never leaves it. I was told that she was three when we got her, but the guy we got her from also told me the two Rosey Bourke's we got from him were babies, but their bands said they were both six years old:(

If we could believe that she is three then that makes her around twelve now. Unfortunately, I've been unable to find what their expected lifespan is in captivity so I worry all the time about her.

Please accept my apologies, I didn't mean to hijack your thread!
Here's a link to her thread so I won't distract any more from Milly:)

Masuka's story
Oh wow!!
And you didnā€™t hijack it! I love hearing about your birds šŸ˜

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Oh wow!!
And you didnā€™t hijack it! I love hearing about your birds šŸ˜
You're so sweet, thank you. I love hearing about yours as well ā¤ļø

Most Reactions

Latest posts