Air comes out of her nose when she smooches?

FieryPhoenix

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot Sun Conure
So I noticed that whenever Sunny gives me a Smooch I feel some air come out of her nares. I can only feel the air when she touches my face. This happens when she makes the actual smooch sound. There is no discharge or anything that comes out except air.

Does anyone's conure do this?

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I think I know what you mean and my green cheek and my quakers do this. It's almost like a quiet form of communication for when close and cuddling. Like pftt...sound. we repeat it back and forth

OP
F

FieryPhoenix

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot Sun Conure
I think I know what you mean and my green cheek and my quakers do this. It's almost like a quiet form of communication for when close and cuddling. Like pftt...sound. we repeat it back and forth
Yes that's what I mean. I also blow on their feathers so that may be where she picked it up too.

IndySE

May 5, 2016
Southern California
Parrots
Kermit, ♀ GCC (Green Demon)
Kermie does a "FFF" sound a lot, when she's really content & happy to be around you. To be honest I translate that to parrot for "I love you".

Meanwhile when she says "be nice" that means "I will bite you" :')

Parrots are fun

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Kermie does a "FFF" sound a lot, when she's really content & happy to be around you. To be honest I translate that to parrot for "I love you".

Meanwhile when she says "be nice" that means "I will bite you" :')

Parrots are fun
Exactly! I too think of it as a parrot I love you

Most Reactions